or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › 4/8 Gathering RETRO Day at A-Basin
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

4/8 Gathering RETRO Day at A-Basin

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 

Since there are two days scheduled for A-Basin, lets have some fun the second day...RETRO Day!  

 

Please bring whatever you can that is deemed "inappropriate"! 

post #2 of 29

I bet a certain bearded racer from Breckenridge will be there...

 

post #3 of 29
Thread Starter 

It was quite interesting torque testing my vintage bindings

 

Huber_Binding_Torque_Tester1.JPG

post #4 of 29
Sounds like a beach spot is necessary, if it's retro day. I just reserved #7... #6 and #8 are available if anyone thinks we need more room.
post #5 of 29

Yeah, I will be sportin' Seg's husbands red roffe's and a red CB anorak!  Sick......

post #6 of 29

 

You guy's are kill'n me........

 

So RETRO can work west of the Mississippi...... yahoo.gif

 

 

Get some for me!

post #7 of 29

yes, east of the missisippi, its just known as ski clothes.....biggrin.gif

post #8 of 29



I think I would add a few states just West of the Mississippi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post

yes, east of the missisippi, its just known as ski clothes.....biggrin.gif



 

post #9 of 29

Fo sure, the reality is that at any and every (sans DV and Aspen maybe) you will still see a fair amount of old gear and clothes. Its fun to see all this stuff but the reality is if you can ski, who cares.

post #10 of 29

OH NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!   Greg reminded me we are leaving on Friday.... 

post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

 

You guy's are kill'n me........

 

So RETRO can work west of the Mississippi...... yahoo.gif

 

 

Get some for me!

Come get your own!  
 

 

post #12 of 29



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post

Fo sure, the reality is that at any and every (sans DV and Aspen maybe) you will still see a fair amount of old gear and clothes. Its fun to see all this stuff but the reality is if you can ski, who cares.



Finn...it's meant to be a celebration of our skiing roots!  Embrace it  biggrin.gif

 

No negative connotation whatsoever...

 

Ott+Wedeln.gif

 

post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post

Sounds like a beach spot is necessary, if it's retro day. I just reserved #7... #6 and #8 are available if anyone thinks we need more room.


Sounds like an Epic idea!!

post #14 of 29

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestPete View Post

I bet a certain bearded racer from Breckenridge will be there...

 


If only I could (assuming you mean me, MWP redface.gif). I'm committed to other things most of this week.

 

I have a styling 70's outfit with skis, boots and poles, too! Some of this gear is just arriving on Tuesday from NH with my parents. I'll take pictures and post them, at least.  
 

 

post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post

Sounds like a beach spot is necessary, if it's retro day. I just reserved #7... #6 and #8 are available if anyone thinks we need more room.


           Your my Hero! Let me kick the biscuit Tin & chip in some Wampum? Think it's going to be the only weekday for me where will be on Work Release :(

 Am sure I could pack the Weber in the back of the Pick um truck for the Carnivorous Crowd, Maybe the BumpFreq could do a Spatula Preformance!

post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post

Sounds like a beach spot is necessary, if it's retro day. I just reserved #7... #6 and #8 are available if anyone thinks we need more room.


All hail segbrown. He's the man.

 I'll have half a magnum jug of vodka, some Frangelica and maybe some beer left

over from a ski club trip last week in Aspen.  H'm need to get a good mixer!

 

post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vertical View Post





           Your my Hero! Let me kick the biscuit Tin & chip in some Wampum? Think it's going to be the only weekday for me where will be on Work Release :(

 Am sure I could pack the Weber in the back of the Pick um truck for the Carnivorous Crowd, Maybe the BumpFreq could do a Spatula Preformance!


My treat, as long as I don't have to cook. biggrin.gif

 

post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdskier View Post




All hail segbrown. He's the man.

 I'll have half a magnum jug of vodka, some Frangelica and maybe some beer left

over from a ski club trip last week in Aspen.  H'm need to get a good mixer!

 

 

Or, uh, she's the woman.  

 

Sad that I won't be present for said day.   Being a Friday there is no chance for a last minute release.  :(
 

 

post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdskier View Post


All hail segbrown. He's the man.

 

 


I am considering flagging this post....This may be the most inaccurate information ever posted on Epic.....biggrin.gif
 

 

post #20 of 29

Yeah, I almost choked on my coffee when i read that this AM, ....... To quote that famous british secret agent: (spoken in your best british accent) "that's no man, man"

 

,,,,,,.  That's all I'm saying....   Hint:  Just check out Seg's profile pic.....
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Louie View Post




I am considering flagging this post....This may be the most inaccurate information ever posted on Epic.....biggrin.gif
 

 



 

post #21 of 29

I'll be sure to introduce MD and Seg to each other biggrin.gif

post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vertical View Post





           Your my Hero! Let me kick the biscuit Tin & chip in some Wampum? Think it's going to be the only weekday for me where will be on Work Release :(

 Am sure I could pack the Weber in the back of the Pick um truck for the Carnivorous Crowd, Maybe the BumpFreq could do a Spatula Preformance!

Perhaps he'll get some chaching in his tin cup for the performance biggrin.gif

This outa be fun!!!
 

 

post #23 of 29

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

Perhaps he'll get some chaching in his tin cup for the performance biggrin.gif

This outa be fun!!!
 

 

I'll have to try to make an appearance to find out what this is all about!

post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastersRacer View Post

 

 

I'll have to try to make an appearance to find out what this is all about!



 

We'll be lookin' for ya MR.  Sounds like it's gonna be HOT!

post #25 of 29

Wish I could be there! I have plenty of retro stuff I could use..... sigh.

post #26 of 29
Lone Ranger gear locked and loaded
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

 You guy's are kill'n me........

 So RETRO can work west of the Mississippi...... yahoo.gif

 

It's worked East...cool.gif

You interested in another Retro Day?

Course there's a song, "...just the two of us..."

 

See in the west it's usually so nice they don't care what they're on after a couple of days.

post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post





 

We'll be lookin' for ya MR.  Sounds like it's gonna be HOT!


Phil was outdone, and in fact, bowed to the Master -racer

205796_10150221072011138_540901137_9042574_5122335_n.jpg

But we happily went out and did our best to enjoy the day. biggrin.gif

 

216721_10150221207431138_540901137_9043597_4094550_n.jpg

 

post #29 of 29

LL

 

Trekchick, those poles look gigantinormous!  Were you skiing ballet?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › 4/8 Gathering RETRO Day at A-Basin