Over the years I've gotten quite a lot out of EpicSki. Now I have an opportunity to give something back to the skiing community - or possibly the EpicSki crew. Currently I'm working towards a masters in education through Athabasca University and, as part of my current course requirements, must create an elearning module to address a skill or knowledge gap. The module should be around 30 mins to 1h in duration. So I'm offering to build a free elearning module for a ski school or group.
What I can offer in building an elearning module is:
- project management
- instructional design (creating effective learning interactions)
- development/coding (in Captivate or similar platforms)
- maybe web hosting for a time (or at least a download link)
- editing assets (graphics, videos)
What I would need help with is:
- identifying the actual need or issue
- access to subject matter experts and course participants (I'm only a CSIA level 2, so have limited A&D skill)
- getting assets to support the training
I'd like to make whatever we produce free to the general public, but at the very least I need to be able to use it in my portfolio. I also want to get the highest possible grade in my class.
While actual ski improvement would be difficult (if not impossible), perhaps your team could benefit from a module on:
- Assessment & development strategies
- Equipment selection/knowledge
- Customer service/guest experience
Do any ski school director types have a need for an elearning module? I'm looking to deliver this by September, which may perfectly meet many ski school rampup times. If anyone knows of a need, please let me know.