Guess I should have mentioned that my skis are Fischer!
Why no early rise on WC skis? - Page 4
Interesting to see the exchange that continues between freeride and race design. Off to one side the rec cqrve community is bypassed more thqn ever, though old full cqmber skis work just fine for them along solong as the snow is still pretty buff. While use of eqrly rise has been qround q long time now, there.s other neat stuff coming down the pike.
- 103 Posts. Joined 10/2009
- Location: Berlin,VT
- Select All Posts By This User
Early rise for GS!
I was hoping this was going to be the case with Rossignol's Masters GS too a ski we stock and do very well with.
Last night we were talking with our Elan Rep and he hinted that Elan's Ampfibio type rocker would work great on a WC SL ski.
Received this in my inbox this morning....
Rossignol's New GS Ski Turns Heads at Mt. Hood - Quickly
Rossignol’s new early-rise tip GS ski was the talk of Mt. Hood this summer as ski racers from across North America saw and felt the difference in their skiing and timed results.
The massive snowfall of the 2010-11 winter season provided an ideal and effective training ground for the North American alpine ski racing community including members of the US Ski Team, Olympians and today’s current up-and-comers.
Rossignol Test Center staff members were on-hill each day from June through July ensuring prompt attention to the on-hill demands of campers and athletes alike. Highlights over the summer included:
The first of it's kind 2011/12 Radical WC GS debuts:
- This innovative World Cup GS ski boasts an early rise tip which eases turn initiation, allowing skiers to take more aggressive lines and clock faster times.
- It also features Rossignol's new Cascade Tip technology for a lightened swing weight and powerful tip torsion resulting in quick, adaptable and smooth turn initiation.
- The inclusion of new size offerings in 170 and 175cm, available with the I-Box Composite plate, further propelled Rossignol’s industry-leading charge down the fall line.
Yes, but not great on a cyberboard slalom, or a blue groomer no-gates hypercarve slalom.
Horses for courses.