Anyone else bringing out retro gear????
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicEpicSki Gatheringstagged by System, 4/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Western Gathering 2017 Trip Report - Whistler Blackcomb Last post on 3/19/17 at 9:24am in Trip Reports
- Mid-Atlantic Gathering 2017 - Timberline, WV Last post on 3/1/17 at 1:47pm in Trip Reports
- 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 Last post on 3/2/17 at 2:59pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- NYC Gathering in the city, before the snow starts [Nov. 3] Last post on 11/4/16 at 9:15am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread Last post on 3/11/17 at 6:45pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
Gathering Gear Check - Page 2
Not sure if I can dig any up.
Well there's a surprise.
Rick, do you want me to ask Cindy if you could borrow her "long" skis - 158cm?
Are they fast? I'll take any edge I can find, if it will let me finally get some satisfaction against you in our ritual tuck race.
Are you thinking a 204 K2 VO or maybe a 207 Dynamic VR17?
Yes they are....but not fast enough, though you could probably try to skate to the finish line (again).
That works....unless...I am in the process of setting up a Blizzard Demo Day, it needs to be at Vail, not sure which day at this point.
Blizzard Demo Day? Now that sounds interesting.
You should sooooooo bring it!
I'll be arriving Tuesday night and skiing Wednesdayt thru the weekend if my legs hold up. I have older model RX8s and older model Gotamas. Should I bring both? I haven't used either pair in spring skiing yet.
I would think the Goats would be the choice. They just got a foot plus of snow so the RX8's may be useless
- Gathering Gear Check
- › Pond Skim Technique and Gear 2 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 10 minutes ago
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 12 minutes ago
- › Yep, Another Boot Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Old Farts in Fart Bags 34 minutes ago
- › Tahoe "Rain+snow" mix - which mountain / area do you choose? 34 minutes ago
- › Need a VERY flexy ski for a while... 35 minutes ago
- › How Long Do Skis Last? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!