EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Trip Reports  › Twilight Adventure at Stowe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Twilight Adventure at Stowe

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

....plus some bonus pictures.

 

the past couple weeks have been epic, every run out of bound has been powder and alot of it has been un touched. After work I made the choice to go hit a line that is just becoming skiable. Epic, suvantoskis, and local boarder Ryan came with me.

 

The hike up, could give you a hint to where it is....

 

180824_10150098716648357_505253356_6137229_5794221_n.jpg

 

The champlain Valley nearing sunset

 

179864_10150098716418357_505253356_6137223_7191993_n.jpg

 

Me getting closer to the goal

 

180876_10150098718238357_505253356_6137244_6614134_n.jpg

 

now some from the first couple turns

 

168400_10150098718118357_505253356_6137243_4852213_n.jpg

 

deep pow

 

180192_10150098718563357_505253356_6137250_2576070_n.jpg

168728_10150098716578357_505253356_6137227_4418673_n.jpg

 

short but really one of the coolest lines I have skied thus far this year. more pictures here

 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150098716648357&set=a.10150098716393357.286850.505253356#!/album.php?fbid=10150098716393357&id=505253356&aid=286850

 

post #2 of 16
Thread Starter 

bonus pictures

 

Suvantoskis enjoying one of the couple dozen untracked runs on tuesday afternoon. Which was the same day the helmet cam footage here was shot.

 

180796_10150098716513357_505253356_6137225_4877575_n.jpg

 

Epic finding his on Woodchuck Wednesday

181739_10150095510943357_505253356_6091972_7504180_n.jpg

 

Sarah Jane killin it on Upper Goat on Woodchuck Day

167655_10150095512623357_505253356_6091994_1319261_n.jpg

 

suvantoskis charging a powdery chute

181514_501184774999_669099999_6396129_1676598_n.jpg

 

this picture pretty much sums up stowe right now, if you know the Maze you WILL ski untracked snow

180862_501184509999_669099999_6396125_2569941_n.jpg

post #3 of 16

NICE shots. It's summer here. Maybe a *tiny* bit jealous.

The framing on photo #3 makes it really special...

post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazbah View Post

NICE shots. It's summer here. Maybe a *tiny* bit jealous.

The framing on photo #3 makes it really special...


I was trying not to get sucked into a treewll while I took that, but I thought it would look pretty nice. There would have been better ones, but Josh needs some lithium batteries.

post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post




I was trying not to get sucked into a treewll while I took that, but I thought it would look pretty nice. There would have been better ones, but Josh needs some lithium batteries.



 


Very glad you DIDN'T drown taking it smile.gif must have been an amazing trip.

post #6 of 16

Nice TR!  Thanks for sharin'

post #7 of 16

Good shots! I ski'd Chin/Hourglass last year and it was a blast, but the snow in your shots looks quite a bit better than it was during my last visit.

post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKabrex View Post

Good shots! I ski'd Chin/Hourglass last year and it was a blast, but the snow in your shots looks quite a bit better than it was during my last visit.


its not there.... but your close ;)

 

I might get up there over the weekend if the summit isnt clouded in.

post #9 of 16

Nice.  You really lived up to your name in that video.

post #10 of 16

Some day I'll be able to ski stuff like that, I hope.... That looks like so much fun.

post #11 of 16

Some video to accompany Bushwacker's pictures.

 

post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

Some video to accompany Bushwacker's pictures.

Some nice footage and cool lines in there. 

Purely out of curiosity, what skis were you guys running?

post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKabrex View Post



Some nice footage and cool lines in there. 

Purely out of curiosity, what skis were you guys running?



I'm on the 181 Icelantic Nomad SFT, Alex is on the 181 K2 Sidestash, Eric's on the 179 Line Prophet 90, and Josh (Bushwacker) is on the 177 Blizzard The One.

post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
I'm on the 181 Icelantic Nomad SFT, Alex is on the 181 K2 Sidestash, Eric's on the 179 Line Prophet 90, and Josh (Bushwacker) is on the 177 Blizzard The One.


Never used the Sidestash or the Nomad but I like the prophets and I've heard good things about The One.

 

 

post #15 of 16

Nice photos and vid. Thanks.

post #16 of 16

Nice trip report.  Looks like you guys had a blast.  Hoping to get up there in another week or so myself.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trip Reports
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Trip Reports  › Twilight Adventure at Stowe