Has anyone rocked out in the SliIdebrook? I am dying to check it out. Is there a guide I should speak to? Who has the info about this NORTHEAST JEWEL!!!!!?????
Related Forum Threads
- Sugarbush "Interactive" Google Earth Trail Map Last post on 8/29/11 at 7:31pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- New England / East Coast Gathering Location Last post on 9/24/13 at 1:26pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Vermont Ski Tour Last post on 12/10/12 at 3:57am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- East coast resort improvements this summer (2011) Last post on 10/16/11 at 12:01pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 3
Last edited: 1/19/17
- EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 1Last edited: 1/19/17
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
- Top 10 "Expert" Ski Runs In the New EnglandLast edited: 11/29/15
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
SUGARBUSH BACKCOUNTRYpost #1 of 52/8/11 at 6:22pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 53/5/11 at 4:59pm
i've done it, but only once. it's definitely worth giving a try, for sure a very fun experience. it's surprisingly mellow, not as difficult as i thought it would be. they do a very nice job of opening it up as to make it accessible to a wider range of skiers. it was also surprisingly skied out when i did it. thats not to say it was icy at all, i was just expecting less people to have skied it. there are guided tours offered by the mountain, http://www.sugarbush.com/outdoor-adventures/mountain-outback-tours#guided.post #3 of 54/6/11 at 6:02ampost #4 of 54/6/11 at 7:29am
Never skied in Slidebrook area and don't know Sugarbush all that well, but in early March found some fun glades on Mt. Ellen called Exterminator Woods, it's on the trail map. From top of North Ridge Express Quad just go to skiers left of Exterminator trail (far edge of trail layout) and you can get maybe 1000' of fairly steep vertical in there. It connects pretty easily with some lower angle glades called Walt's and Semitough down at skier's right of Inverness chair for a run to the base that is about 90% glades and approx 2300' of vertical.post #5 of 55/13/11 at 4:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesj
From top of North Ridge Express Quad just go to skiers left of Exterminator trail (far edge of trail layout) and you can get maybe 1000' of fairly steep vertical in there. It connects pretty easily with some lower angle glades called Walt's and Semitough down at skier's right of Inverness chair for a run to the base that is about 90% glades and approx 2300' of vertical.
I will have to try this the next time I'm up! Good tip for a nice long gladed run!! And if I get tired in the trees, I will just do Semi-Tough or Walt's which are nice classic runs in themselves.
They have done a good job or increasing the variety at Mt. Ellen in recent years with an explosion in gladed skiing... still doesn't top Lincoln Peak area of course...
- SUGARBUSH BACKCOUNTRY
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 1
- › L3 finally in the books 13 minutes ago
- › Help! All Mountain or Frontside? (Volkl 81 RTM/Salomon 8.0/Atomic... 15 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tecnica Cochise 110 or Dynafit Radical CR boots for new AT setup? 27 minutes ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? 29 minutes ago
- › Do not buy Rossignol SOUL 7's (or any of their products for that... 47 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 4 hours ago
- › [New Boots] What boot to look for my progress/aim 4 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 4 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Looking for new skis to replace old K2 Escape 5500s 6 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!