Has anyone rocked out in the SliIdebrook? I am dying to check it out. Is there a guide I should speak to? Who has the info about this NORTHEAST JEWEL!!!!!?????
Related Forum Threads
- Sugarbush "Interactive" Google Earth Trail Map Last post on 8/29/11 at 7:31pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- New England / East Coast Gathering Location Last post on 9/24/13 at 1:26pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Vermont Ski Tour Last post on 12/10/12 at 3:57am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- East coast resort improvements this summer (2011) Last post on 10/16/11 at 12:01pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
Last edited: 6/15/16
- Top 10 "Expert" Ski Runs In the New EnglandLast edited: 11/29/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Top 10 "Expert" Ski Runs In the New England
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i've done it, but only once. it's definitely worth giving a try, for sure a very fun experience. it's surprisingly mellow, not as difficult as i thought it would be. they do a very nice job of opening it up as to make it accessible to a wider range of skiers. it was also surprisingly skied out when i did it. thats not to say it was icy at all, i was just expecting less people to have skied it. there are guided tours offered by the mountain, http://www.sugarbush.com/outdoor-adventures/mountain-outback-tours#guided.
Never skied in Slidebrook area and don't know Sugarbush all that well, but in early March found some fun glades on Mt. Ellen called Exterminator Woods, it's on the trail map. From top of North Ridge Express Quad just go to skiers left of Exterminator trail (far edge of trail layout) and you can get maybe 1000' of fairly steep vertical in there. It connects pretty easily with some lower angle glades called Walt's and Semitough down at skier's right of Inverness chair for a run to the base that is about 90% glades and approx 2300' of vertical.
From top of North Ridge Express Quad just go to skiers left of Exterminator trail (far edge of trail layout) and you can get maybe 1000' of fairly steep vertical in there. It connects pretty easily with some lower angle glades called Walt's and Semitough down at skier's right of Inverness chair for a run to the base that is about 90% glades and approx 2300' of vertical.
I will have to try this the next time I'm up! Good tip for a nice long gladed run!! And if I get tired in the trees, I will just do Semi-Tough or Walt's which are nice classic runs in themselves.
They have done a good job or increasing the variety at Mt. Ellen in recent years with an explosion in gladed skiing... still doesn't top Lincoln Peak area of course...
- SUGARBUSH BACKCOUNTRY
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 27 seconds ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 26 minutes ago
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 27 minutes ago
- › Bode News 40 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 43 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 55 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › what is the best advice you have on accident documentation? 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Ski size question 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer