- brandSlidewrighttagged by System, 2/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Edge Tune Pro?? Last post on 5/1/12 at 6:20am in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Baffled About How to Use the Swix Economy Sidewall Planer??? Last post on 4/28/12 at 5:21pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Tuning a RACE SKI Last post on 10/24/13 at 5:36pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Props to Slidewright for sponsoring Epic hats Last post on 3/11/12 at 6:58am in Community Discussions & Forum News
- Introducing an industry first: Two-Sided Hone Diamond Stones from Tools4Boards Last post on 4/30/12 at 4:45am in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
Edge Tuning So Easy Even An Adult Can Do It
Last edited: 4/19/11
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
- Waxing Light Hot ScrapingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Base Repair OptionsLast edited: 4/26/11
- That Pesky Hanging BurrLast edited: 4/23/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
SlideWright's Annual Valentines Day 'Give Your Boards Some Lovin' Sale'post #1 of 142/7/11 at 9:48amThread Starterpost #2 of 142/10/11 at 12:33am
When my wife gets a hold of my credit card bill, I'm going to have a Valentines Day I'll never forget. How could you post this, right after I spent north of a hundred dollars on tools? What choice do I have now, but spend another hundred on wax?
I may as well go skiing on the Valentines Day, to maximize the enjoyment before the punishment arrives.
You think you could throw in a few roses with the order for the Missus?post #3 of 142/10/11 at 8:00amThread Starter
He, he, he.......
Looks like we
need to get some rose shaped wax molds for the Glide-On red. Not only is it the same color as a rose, but it's scented. You can give your honey nice smelling, freshly wax skis and she'll love ya forever without repercussions. It's win, win!
Regarding the coupon code, when you paste it into the box at checkout. It will add onto your account discount and to any sale items.post #4 of 142/10/11 at 9:08ampost #5 of 142/11/11 at 8:57amThread Starterpost #6 of 142/11/11 at 8:58ampost #7 of 142/11/11 at 9:36am
Done and done. Got some great new tools and supplies on the way. I will post pictures etc. when I get the package. Can't wait.
PS - got a shipment notification like 3 hours or less after the order was placed. Pretty cool for sure although fast shipping seems to be the way that Slidewright does things. You spoil us.post #8 of 142/14/11 at 6:44amThread Starterpost #9 of 142/14/11 at 6:51pm
What? Do you know people at the post office or something. Nice surprise when I got home from work. As always - super fast shipment of just what I wanted.
I got some Medium Race base - love this stuff for my bottom layer. I have gotten high fives, hugs and kisses over my wax jobs this season and I swear it is because of this stuff as the base layer.
A new course diamond stone. I use them wet to try and prolong their life, but the 100 grit one seemed like it wasn't that rough any more, so I figured I should get a new one. Tried Toko this time since I went Moonflex last time.
Some low fluoro all purpose wax - stock wax really. I use it as a decent 2nd layer after using Hard or the medium mentioned above when I don't want to use expensive stuff. (PS - all my tunes are done "free" although I do take donations of beer)
A new ceramic stone for deburring. I dunno - Terry's description sounded good, so I thought I would try it.
Some fluorinated paste wax for a top coat. It was inexpensive so I figured I would try it out. Today I use some crazy F4 paste when I really want to impress. We'll see how it does.
47 (or something) brake retention devices. I think I need a humidor or something for my rubber bands. I live on the beach in California and they all dried out this year in the off season. The old ones snap at unexpected times (or maybe they just hate me), so got some new ones. I also think the rubber band fairy might have included extras, but I am not taking time from my beer drinking to count.
I had to field test the new P-tex gun right away. I am pretty sure it works better than my other gun (this one is going to be for black only - the first one for clear repairs). The original gun I had already was like $175. I think it was built by the french though so I shouldn't be that harsh if is surrenders in a harsh comparison.
The new gun - pictured above - melted the material really well and seemed to do a great job with the bond. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I scrape, but so far, I am very impressed. It was also less than 1/3 of the cost of the original one (that is not that good) so seems really worth it to me. At this price, life is too short to use a candle ever again if you are on the fence.post #10 of 142/15/11 at 12:38pm
I placed my order for a bunch of stuff last night--nice savings btw. I have 4 sets of skis to take care of so I feel this is money well spent. My wife raised an eyebrow when I told her the price, but if she knew how much I spend on fly fishing/tying gear she'd raise more than an eyebrow. Plus one of the 4 sets of skis are hers and she's getting a pool this year so she doesn't have too much to complain about (except maybe the trim I haven't painted, the curtain rod that needs hanging, the attic insulation...)post #11 of 142/16/11 at 6:51amThread Starter
It has been interesting and good seeing how the overall time frame of shipment deliveries getting surprisingly faster. Two to three business days is very common throughout the entire continental US.
Mondak, I'm not seeing a proper bottle opener in your kit.
TJ, when packing yours, I was thinking that you made some wise choices putting together a comprehensive tuning and waxing package. I had one order years ago for wax to put on a water slide, maybe you need to get one for your pool and keep it waxed.post #12 of 142/16/11 at 1:50pm
I have all the Epic folks to thank for the tuning advice, and no thanks on the slide. I've been successfully putting this pool thing off for the last 4 years but no soap this year (too good a deal to turn down). Oh well, I needed some top soil for my garden anyway.post #13 of 142/19/11 at 8:33amQuote:
I have a wall mounted one right above where I plug in the iron / ptex guns, but there is a cool one on your site that I have contemplated grabbing.
- SlideWright's Annual Valentines Day 'Give Your Boards Some Lovin' Sale'
- Spring Snow Base Preparation
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 5 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 22 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Northern Michigan Ski Weather Forcast 25 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 29 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 41 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 44 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 4 hours ago
- › Atomic XT discussion (video) 4 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer