- brandSlidewrighttagged by System, 2/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Edge Tune Pro?? Last post on 5/1/12 at 6:20am in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Baffled About How to Use the Swix Economy Sidewall Planer??? Last post on 4/28/12 at 5:21pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Tuning a RACE SKI Last post on 10/24/13 at 5:36pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Props to Slidewright for sponsoring Epic hats Last post on 3/11/12 at 6:58am in Community Discussions & Forum News
- Introducing an industry first: Two-Sided Hone Diamond Stones from Tools4Boards Last post on 4/30/12 at 4:45am in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
Edge Tuning So Easy Even An Adult Can Do It
Last edited: 4/19/11
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
- Waxing Light Hot ScrapingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Base Repair OptionsLast edited: 4/26/11
- That Pesky Hanging BurrLast edited: 4/23/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
SlideWright's Annual Valentines Day 'Give Your Boards Some Lovin' Sale'post #1 of 142/7/11 at 9:48amThread Starterpost #2 of 142/10/11 at 12:33am
When my wife gets a hold of my credit card bill, I'm going to have a Valentines Day I'll never forget. How could you post this, right after I spent north of a hundred dollars on tools? What choice do I have now, but spend another hundred on wax?
I may as well go skiing on the Valentines Day, to maximize the enjoyment before the punishment arrives.
You think you could throw in a few roses with the order for the Missus?post #3 of 142/10/11 at 8:00amThread Starter
He, he, he.......
Looks like we
need to get some rose shaped wax molds for the Glide-On red. Not only is it the same color as a rose, but it's scented. You can give your honey nice smelling, freshly wax skis and she'll love ya forever without repercussions. It's win, win!
Regarding the coupon code, when you paste it into the box at checkout. It will add onto your account discount and to any sale items.post #4 of 142/10/11 at 9:08ampost #5 of 142/11/11 at 8:57amThread Starterpost #6 of 142/11/11 at 8:58ampost #7 of 142/11/11 at 9:36am
Done and done. Got some great new tools and supplies on the way. I will post pictures etc. when I get the package. Can't wait.
PS - got a shipment notification like 3 hours or less after the order was placed. Pretty cool for sure although fast shipping seems to be the way that Slidewright does things. You spoil us.post #8 of 142/14/11 at 6:44amThread Starterpost #9 of 142/14/11 at 6:51pm
What? Do you know people at the post office or something. Nice surprise when I got home from work. As always - super fast shipment of just what I wanted.
I got some Medium Race base - love this stuff for my bottom layer. I have gotten high fives, hugs and kisses over my wax jobs this season and I swear it is because of this stuff as the base layer.
A new course diamond stone. I use them wet to try and prolong their life, but the 100 grit one seemed like it wasn't that rough any more, so I figured I should get a new one. Tried Toko this time since I went Moonflex last time.
Some low fluoro all purpose wax - stock wax really. I use it as a decent 2nd layer after using Hard or the medium mentioned above when I don't want to use expensive stuff. (PS - all my tunes are done "free" although I do take donations of beer)
A new ceramic stone for deburring. I dunno - Terry's description sounded good, so I thought I would try it.
Some fluorinated paste wax for a top coat. It was inexpensive so I figured I would try it out. Today I use some crazy F4 paste when I really want to impress. We'll see how it does.
47 (or something) brake retention devices. I think I need a humidor or something for my rubber bands. I live on the beach in California and they all dried out this year in the off season. The old ones snap at unexpected times (or maybe they just hate me), so got some new ones. I also think the rubber band fairy might have included extras, but I am not taking time from my beer drinking to count.
I had to field test the new P-tex gun right away. I am pretty sure it works better than my other gun (this one is going to be for black only - the first one for clear repairs). The original gun I had already was like $175. I think it was built by the french though so I shouldn't be that harsh if is surrenders in a harsh comparison.
The new gun - pictured above - melted the material really well and seemed to do a great job with the bond. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I scrape, but so far, I am very impressed. It was also less than 1/3 of the cost of the original one (that is not that good) so seems really worth it to me. At this price, life is too short to use a candle ever again if you are on the fence.post #10 of 142/15/11 at 12:38pm
I placed my order for a bunch of stuff last night--nice savings btw. I have 4 sets of skis to take care of so I feel this is money well spent. My wife raised an eyebrow when I told her the price, but if she knew how much I spend on fly fishing/tying gear she'd raise more than an eyebrow. Plus one of the 4 sets of skis are hers and she's getting a pool this year so she doesn't have too much to complain about (except maybe the trim I haven't painted, the curtain rod that needs hanging, the attic insulation...)post #11 of 142/16/11 at 6:51amThread Starter
It has been interesting and good seeing how the overall time frame of shipment deliveries getting surprisingly faster. Two to three business days is very common throughout the entire continental US.
Mondak, I'm not seeing a proper bottle opener in your kit.
TJ, when packing yours, I was thinking that you made some wise choices putting together a comprehensive tuning and waxing package. I had one order years ago for wax to put on a water slide, maybe you need to get one for your pool and keep it waxed.post #12 of 142/16/11 at 1:50pm
I have all the Epic folks to thank for the tuning advice, and no thanks on the slide. I've been successfully putting this pool thing off for the last 4 years but no soap this year (too good a deal to turn down). Oh well, I needed some top soil for my garden anyway.post #13 of 142/19/11 at 8:33amQuote:
I have a wall mounted one right above where I plug in the iron / ptex guns, but there is a cool one on your site that I have contemplated grabbing.
- SlideWright's Annual Valentines Day 'Give Your Boards Some Lovin' Sale'
- Spring Snow Base Preparation
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 5 minutes ago
- › I bought new skis and they feel soooo heavy! 7 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 14 minutes ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 25 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 26 minutes ago
- › Early 2018 Gathering Thread 28 minutes ago
- › How do I screw bindings on Stockli speedplates? 37 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 39 minutes ago
- › lessons around Tahoe... 43 minutes ago
- › Good enough goggles for less than $100???? 48 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview