Well I know the word is out, but I want to confirm it.
I've rewritten Brilliant Skiing Every Day, and really had a lot of fun doing it.
You can find the book at edgechange.com . (Also I've still got a few dvd's left at a reduced price.)
Before buying, EpicSki Supporters should check the Supporters Lounge to get a special discount. (See! Becoming a Supporter has real benefits!)
Here's what's new and different from the first edition.
1. New discoveries about the fundamental aspects of each diamond corner: This may be the most important part.
2. A chapter on centering.
3. Some modernizing of the technical input, although this is not designed as a technical book.
4. New stories, and perhaps a bit more of a sense of the aesthetic/poetic side of skiing.
5. A lot of questions for you designed to help you self coach, in case you're not doing so well and your ski/snowboard pro has left the building.
Some more thoughts, information and pipe dreams
1. I will have an ebook available in a month for you ipad/kindle folks.
2. The printed version of this one is far more substantial, durable, and user friendly than the original edition. And the design is much more attractive.
3. In the future, I plan to branch out into other sports, using the same learning material and in collaboration with the experts of these sports. My immediate interests:
--Stand Up Paddling, with Charlie MacArthur
--Motorcycling, with Lee Parks
--Golf, with Schanzy
--Good Government with Hosni Mubarak. (Wait! Scratch that one!)
The point of all that is that you can use this material in Brilliant Skiing Every Day to improve in any sport.
Hope you like it. I like it. My kids like it. My dog ate three copies of it and pronounced (on the lawn) that it was just fine.
I will also tell you that this book better represents how I feel and what I understand about skiing, sports, learning, and sustaining, than anything I've ever written. I guess I was a little braver.
Hope you enjoy it!