The La Grave model is a little like Silverton, although at Silverton the guiding is run by the lift operator, at La Grave of course it's separate.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- If you could only ski one resort... Last post on 3/9/16 at 8:56am in General Skiing Discussion
- Zermatt vs the rest of Europe Last post on 12/15/14 at 10:55pm in International Zone
- Hardcore top ski area rankings - North America (WITHIN BOUNDARY) Last post on 11/8/12 at 1:47pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Chamonix, and other classic destinations Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:16am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- JH Steep & Deep Camp Last post on 9/2/10 at 11:25am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Today
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...Last edited: 10/8/13
- Back Home in the Jackson BackcountryLast edited: 9/12/16
- Jackson Hole Guide To Skiing Jackson Hole Mountain ResortLast edited: 10/25/11
- Powder 8 Tracks In Cody BowlLast edited: 9/12/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Hardest Ski resort in the world - Page 3post #61 of 6610/25/11 at 3:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6611/8/11 at 11:15am
Here's a formula: Go to Les Deux Alpes. It's up the road from La Grave. Plenty to ski, then you can go over to La Grave and get a guide, or take the trail down. You could actually ski down from L2A to La Grave at times if conditions are right with guide I think and after a brief cat ride up. I doubt that's for novices, and probably not for intermediates.
They do have a race at La G with costumes and stuff in the spring, so it's doable without extremeness if you want. It does get very serious very quickly though.
I believe the lift there was put in for the summer season, not winter. In the '80's someone convinced them that people would ski there. That area is gorgeous. I've only skied Les 2 Alpes in summer. The town up there i'd sort of rate as the Killington of the Alps, but there is an old village you can take a gondola down to.post #63 of 6611/9/11 at 11:52ampost #64 of 6611/10/11 at 12:41ampost #65 of 6611/10/11 at 10:14ampost #66 of 6611/12/11 at 10:00pmChamonix steep: http://aussieskier.com/index.php/2011/03/tr-chamonix-day-14-couloir-marbrees/
La Grave steep: http://aussieskier.com/index.php/2011/03/tr-day-12-road-trip-les-deux-alpes-couloir/ (The post is titled Deux Alpes but it's accessible from either)
And in the scheme of both those places, these lines really aren't that steep.
At that point it's much of a muchness, both resorts have no limit to the 'difficulty' of their skiing, it depends on the snow & weather to dictate when & how particular lines come in to condition, and also the mentality of the skier going after them.
- Hardest Ski resort in the world
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 12 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 16 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 19 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 47 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer