I've been skiing for some time, but I recently bought all of my own equipment. While I love my skis, I'm having a considerable amount of boot problems. Primarily - extreme pain along almost the entire base of my foot and movement in the boot. The latter problem is likely just a matter of going down a boot size, but I've gone round and round trying to fix the former issue.
1. I've been told my foot supanate by a boot fitter - not great for skiers I suppose.
2. The pain starts on my front foot pad but eventually encompasses the entire bottom of my feet. It's not arroudn the foot, it's not compression due to boot size (see above size comment) it seems just the amount of pressure applied to the bottom of my feet while skiing.
3. I have a pair of Solomon Mission RS 7s. I took out the soft boot and found literally no footbed, just plastic slats along the bottom of the hard boot. I'm thinking it's related...
4. I've never felt this type of pain, even from rented boots (I've had to rent boots in the middle of the day to keep skiing).
5. Off the shelf orthodics haven't helped, in some cases made the issues worse.
6. I can get custom orthodics, but the price is somewhat close to the actual price of the boot (likely another sign of why I have the pain).
7. I've tried socks with heavier cushion on the bottom to absorb some shock - no effect.
I'd rather invest in new boots (have a boot fit guarantee with the store and I can get credit toward new ones) then try to make these work with a custom orthodic...because if it doesn't I'm still back at square one. Thinking new boots would be the best solution for both problems.
I need some recommendations on boots. I've got low arches. Thinking an actual footbed in the base of the boot would be good. I have narrower feet so I've mostly tried solomons, technicas, and nordicas.
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!