Susie English - PR and Communications Manager
Outland 80 Pro (unisex)
Ski dimensions: 126-80-110
Available length of skis: 152-158-165-172-178
Target market with the featured skis: The ultimate versatile all-mountain ski for progressing expert skiers wanting to excel on the groomers yet crossover and enjoy soft snow, too.
Two-sentence description of featured skis: Moderate tip and tail rocker creates a shorter running edge length for more maneuverability and pivoting speed control while tip rocker effortlessly floats and tracks in soft snow allowing easy accessibility to crossover to un-groomed terrain. The new Outland 80 Pro delivers unparalleled access and versatility to explore the entire mountain.
Legend Pro Rider 105, MSRP - $850
Ski dimensions: 132-105-122
Available length of skis: 166-175-184-192
Target market with the featured skis: For expert big-mountain skiers who ski mostly un-groomed terrain.
Two-sentence description of featured skis: The Pro Rider 105 lays phat tracks in powder yet is powerful enough to bust through manky snow or arc on groomers. 30% of the ski has tip rocker, which allows skiers to maneuver effortlessly and float in powder or variable snow, while the remaining 70% has camber underfoot and turned-up tail providing solid stability and strong turn exits.
What’s on the horizon for next year’s skis?
The Outland line features all-mountain rocker. Moderate rocker in both the tip and tail combined with traditional camber underfoot creates a whole new breed of crossover all-mountain skis. The moderate tip and tail rise creates a shorter running edge length, so at lower speeds and edge angles the sidecut is less engaged for more maneuverability and pivot ease. As speeds and edge angles increase the traditional camber and moderate rocker work together perfectly, engaging the entire sidecut resulting in full-length powerful edge grip on hard snow. Tip rocker effortlessly floats and tracks in soft snow allowing easy accessibility to crossover to un-groomed terrain. All-Mountain Rocker Technology combines solid groomed ski performance with effortless un-groomed skiability delivering a new ski-it-all-mountain breed.
Any completely new models (including pro models)?
Outland 80 Pro
Outland 80 XT
Outland 75 XT
Legend Pro Rider 105
What will be your best selling ski? Why?
The Legend 85 and 94 are best sellers because they can go anywhere on the mountain in any condition. The Outland 80 Pro will be another best seller because it features all-mountain rocker.
Any new materials or construction technologies?
With outland All-mountain rocker is new (described above). We also are using Basalt Fibers. Basalt, an aerospace fiber, is woven into fiberglass and then Titanium or Aramide stringers are added to enhance overall behavior of the material. This new Basalt fiber has rock solid strength and higher elastic movement than carbon fiber making it the ultimate dampening material for removing vibration and improving snow contact.
What themes are you seeing for colors/graphics?
Graphics for Dynastar stay very classic using natural woods and neutral colors with splashes of orange.
What are price points doing?
Stable throughout line.
What market segment are you focusing on? How and why?
Dynastar will focus on the big mountain to all-mountain skier. Dynastar’s Chamonix heritage makes it the core big mountain ski, but with the new Outland series the brand is reaching out to a boarder all-mountain category that is interested in rocker.
What types of skiing do you see leading sales next year (racing, all-mountain, park, etc) and why? How are you planning ahead for that?
All-Mountain will be leading sales for Dynastar with the Legend 85 and 94 as well as the Outland 80.