I am 5'11 and 130 pounds (skinny I know) and I want a good powder ski. I am considering the Salomon Czar but am open to other ideas. Do you guys think the Czar is good?
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for a "fat" east coast ski Last post on 10/30/11 at 9:44am in Ski Gear Discussion
- WANTED: Powder ski Last post on 3/26/13 at 8:36am in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- Salomon Rocker 2 Replacement for 2011 K2 Pontoon Last post on 4/25/12 at 2:38pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Best All Around Skis for general use Last post on 11/15/11 at 10:01am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Moment Bibby Pro vs DPS 112RP Hybrid Last post on 11/6/11 at 9:42am in Ski Gear Discussion
Powder 8 Tracks In Cody Bowl
Last edited: 9/12/16
- Powder Skis And Skier SizeLast edited: 11/24/12
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
- Powder Skis And Skier Size
Need some powder skis
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think the Czar is a very good choice among the tip rockered skis. The fairly long tip rise lifts nicely in deeper snow and it is plenty wide for your weight but it has enough of a conventional cambered section underfoot and back to the tail to be reasonably comfortable on the ride back to the lift. Your weight would suggest the 174 but if you are a hard charger, the 182 would be the better call.
How much are you looking to spend? There are TONS of options in this category. Seems like the Czars would be decent (I also have not skied them but have heard good things), and should be on sale for 450 ish come spring. So will lots of other skis. I would steer you toward one of the excellent handmade American options, like Moment Bibby Pro, ON3P Billy Goat, etc. if you are going to drop money on new skis. I think the consensus is that Armada JJs are probably the best option in this category for larger manufacturers. Too bad the 185s are sold out already. Pretty much any rockered ski I have tried is really fun. If you are looking for something more versatile, look at the Icelantic Nomad.
- Need some powder skis
- › If you don't wear a helmet, all I can ask is why? 8 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 17 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 18 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › 2010/2011 Kastle MX 88 Replacement 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › One Wasatch 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Telluride in early Jan 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › How to get a razor edge? 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Bad idea to practice on 27m skis before a 30m race? 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview