I am 5'11 and 130 pounds (skinny I know) and I want a good powder ski. I am considering the Salomon Czar but am open to other ideas. Do you guys think the Czar is good?
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for a "fat" east coast ski Last post on 10/30/11 at 9:44am in Ski Gear Discussion
- WANTED: Powder ski Last post on 3/26/13 at 8:36am in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- Salomon Rocker 2 Replacement for 2011 K2 Pontoon Last post on 4/25/12 at 2:38pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Best All Around Skis for general use Last post on 11/15/11 at 10:01am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Moment Bibby Pro vs DPS 112RP Hybrid Last post on 11/6/11 at 9:42am in Ski Gear Discussion
Powder 8 Tracks In Cody Bowl
Last edited: 9/12/16
- Powder Skis And Skier SizeLast edited: 11/24/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Powder Skis And Skier Size
Need some powder skis
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think the Czar is a very good choice among the tip rockered skis. The fairly long tip rise lifts nicely in deeper snow and it is plenty wide for your weight but it has enough of a conventional cambered section underfoot and back to the tail to be reasonably comfortable on the ride back to the lift. Your weight would suggest the 174 but if you are a hard charger, the 182 would be the better call.
How much are you looking to spend? There are TONS of options in this category. Seems like the Czars would be decent (I also have not skied them but have heard good things), and should be on sale for 450 ish come spring. So will lots of other skis. I would steer you toward one of the excellent handmade American options, like Moment Bibby Pro, ON3P Billy Goat, etc. if you are going to drop money on new skis. I think the consensus is that Armada JJs are probably the best option in this category for larger manufacturers. Too bad the 185s are sold out already. Pretty much any rockered ski I have tried is really fun. If you are looking for something more versatile, look at the Icelantic Nomad.
- Need some powder skis
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 2 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Stockli Stormrider 88, 177cm, w/Marker Griffon demo bindings, $425 7 minutes ago
- › February: Big White vs Sun Peaks vs SilverStar 9 minutes ago
- › JH vs Keystone 10 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 14 minutes ago
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 37 minutes ago
- › Bottom of Foot Pain - Tried it All (long read, please help) 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Kids Group vs Semi-Private Lesson 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer