EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Ultra thin socks - what are people liking?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultra thin socks - what are people liking? - Page 2

post #31 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliberate1 View Post



TSW, I am coming out to Vail for two weeks at the end of Feb. While there will be thousands of people there, I will be the guy with the biggest-ass grin on the hill. And only Bears who read this thread will know why....
 


Also try the compression thong. It enhances the grin factor. worthless.gif

 

I haven't looked at feb yet, but I'll likely be there. Perhaps our paths will cross.

Headed up tomorrow after work for the 3-day MLK weekend.

post #32 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by deliberate1 View Post



TSW, I am coming out to Vail for two weeks at the end of Feb. While there will be thousands of people there, I will be the guy with the biggest-ass grin on the hill. And only Bears who read this thread will know why....
 


Also try the compression thong. It enhances the grin factor. worthless.gif

 

I haven't looked at feb yet, but I'll likely be there. Perhaps our paths will cross.

Headed up tomorrow after work for the 3-day MLK weekend.



Hmmm. Compression thong, you say?

Then I would have to change my screen name to The Squeeky Voice.

Would be nice to make some turns with you. SkiMangoJazz will be there too.

David

post #33 of 46

drop me a line when your trip gets closer. Maybe we can hook up

post #34 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel View Post

drop me a line when your trip gets closer. Maybe we can hook up



For certain.

Happy trails.

D

post #35 of 46

TSW I will indeed be there too and would love to meet you.  I will NOT however be wearing knee highs.  I have hotronics, but tend not to need them in the West.  

post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post

TSW I will indeed be there too and would love to meet you.  I will NOT however be wearing knee highs.  I have hotronics, but tend not to need them in the West.  

Earlier this week at Vail
 

162725_1836381234183_1380045497_32155681_6266523_n[1].jpg

post #37 of 46

brrrr.  hotronics in the duffel bag for sure!

post #38 of 46


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliberate1 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel View Post

 $200 invested in Hotronics takes care of that :)



No offense TSW, but using such a device just seems, well, so unmanly. I much prefer crgildart's solution above.icon14.gif

D1

Well that's good because MY solution was to find a shell and liner combination that allows me to use comfy socks AND deliver decent performance and snug, but not feet screaming fit.  I said I know other folks that settled for boots that were too tight to use comfy socks.  Granted, I understand if you're racing FIS you HAVE to wear boots that hurt to get the best performance.  But, that's definitely not a necessity for me.  NASTAR platinum will be more than sufficientbiggrin.gif
 

post #39 of 46

Bridgedale.

Spyder has one L/R specific, a bit colder.

post #40 of 46

Since we're talking about socks.  I have a friend, a Level III in fact, who numbers his ski socks.  Not left and right, but each pair has a number written on both socks.  His reasoning is that this way the pair he's wearing will always have equal wear on the left and right socks.  Otherwise he might be using a 1 year old sock on the left foot and a 3 year old one on the right.

 

Anal, but actually makes sense.

post #41 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post

Since we're talking about socks.  I have a friend, a Level III in fact, who numbers his ski socks.  Not left and right, but each pair has a number written on both socks.  His reasoning is that this way the pair he's wearing will always have equal wear on the left and right socks.  Otherwise he might be using a 1 year old sock on the left foot and a 3 year old one on the right.

 

Anal, but actually makes sense.



And I thought I was obsessive. I feel much better now. 

post #42 of 46

Just for kicks, suggest to your friend that his methodology is faulty and that he should regularly measure his sock width with a micrometer.

post #43 of 46
post #44 of 46


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliberate1 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by exracer View Post

I ski in super tight fitting plug boots and use the Wigwam Ultimax Liner Sock, the thinnest 'real' sock made.  It wears like iron (one pair has lasted over a decade), wicks well, and dries in seconds.

http://www.packinglight.net/Wigwam-Ultimax-Liner-Socks/PAAAAALOIGIIHCNC/product



X, are these warm at all?


Not really.  I rely on my liners for warmth (Intuition Plug liners) and they keep me toasty to -20.

post #45 of 46

For my super-tight boots, X-static Ultra Light Weight wick & dry liners. Good stuff

post #46 of 46

Thorlo Ultra Thin ski socks

Smartwool PhD Ultra Light

various others on sale.

 

I've been surprised with my two size down boots that the socks haven't seemed to matter much, as long as they are ultra thins, so from now on its whatever I can get for a decent price.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Ultra thin socks - what are people liking?