Posts by JoeSchmoe

Since it's not about the cash, Aspen may be the better choice then as the crowds will be less impactive... Even with the drive. As others have pointed out, it's likely no more $$$ than a lot of the other mountains. But the concentration of 0.01%'ers in town is like nowhere else... possibly in the entire US... which is what i was getting at before.Of the 4 areas Snowmass seems to have a relatively more down to earth vibe and has by far the most terrain... Plenty for both of...
[/quote name="hull22" friendly terrain but my wife likes the purportedly more upscale feel of Aspen.  Also, is it too early in the season to go for good skiing or too busy to go over the holidays?  We would be flying to Denver and driving to Aspen.  Another option would be to go mid-Feb during President's day holiday period.  Lodging is also a bit cheaper then.  Considering using vrbo during the holidays or Little Nell during Pres' holiday. Any input would be...
 Milly has everything... greens, blues, easy off-piste, and steep(er) pitches.  It doesn't have as many trees though as the other parts of the mountain.
The best place to start is off the Snake Creek Express lift. Turn left off the lift and head towards the blue groomers. Hop in anywhere that looks tempting... It's all good low angle stuff. In fact, if the powder is fresh and the groomers ungroomed, you'll be poling at times until the named runs get packed down. In that case, head to Milly for the morning. There's less trees but the average grade is more powder friendly. Eventually, the Snake Creek groomers will have...
Trust me, you wouldn't regret a powder day at Brighton. Start at Milly and then hit the rest of the resort. We were still getting some in the trees when we left around 4.
So starting on Friday, we went Snowbird, Snowbasin, Solitude, and then Brighton today. Snowbird's groomers were good. With the warm-up it was tough finding good off piste, but there was fun to be had in the sun protected areas in Gad Valley. The downhill runs of John Paul were tons of fun at Snowbasin. Had a few good runs in the Strawberry offpiste but as the day went on it was all mashed potatoes especially down low. Solitude was the sleeper day. We slept in and went...
I'd say book the trip for next year as SOON as you can. Then all the other life events will be planned around the trip instead of vice versa. My experience is this is the only way to do this sort of thing. If school was a concern for some of the kids, have them miss 2-3 days and have them come when they can.
I'm not married to the idea of going to PowMow, only if it makes sense to do so from a powder/crowd perspective. I figure Snowbird will be busy on the weekend and Monday the feeding frenzy will be on, so Friday makes the most sense for the Bird.
Heading into SLC this weekend with friends. With the forecast looking for the potential of thaw-freeze Day 2-3 and powder on the last day I'm trying to plan accordingly. Our normal favorites are Brighton, Snowbird, and Snowbasin. Solitude is good too. We tried Canyons once and weren't impressed... So we'll stay away from PC. We've never hit PowMow before, but may this time if things line up. Tentatively, I figure we'll hit the main attraction- Snowbird on day 1. The...
It almost seems like you're trying to scare people away. My friend was there a few weeks back and never mentioned the crowds.I know you posted that one lineup pic... But I have seen worse.