or Connect

Posts by dwoof2

I've skied some amazing powder days, but one was awful :). I was in the middle of a bowl, it was grey and coming down so hard I could not see my hand in front my face. I knew I was moving but had no visual cues to turn or slow my speed. It's like skiing blindfolded. Very odd feeling. I pretty much had to stop and wait there until it lightened up.
There are only 12 skiers.   This is why lift tickets are so expensive.
OT I know - Well, they ripped out a really beautiful centerpiece in the main lodge - a giant, two sided fireplace. When we were not skiing we'd all sit around it. They expanded the bar(s) (just what we need, more drunks on the slopes) and packed in more more tables and chairs. You literally cannot walk through that area it is so crowded with tables and chairs. We drive up to Utah now.
Arizona Snowbowl - I paid ~ $600 for pass a few years back - they were open four or five days that winter.   No refunds, no credit, (since they had 'opened') and no more AZ Snowbowl for me.   It's a tiny little place and they bump up prices $4-5 every year. Main lift is on wind hold 25% of the time. Walk up rate is $60-70...
I'm looking to buy another pair of Rossignol EXP 1 Carbons, size 27.5 I realized these are several years old now but I just haven't found a boot that fits better.   New or lightly used is fine.   However, if you know of a shell that is made on the same mold I'd be happy to try it.   Thanks           Dave
We were there the first week of Jan, but the conditions were not that amazing. We just missed the storms.   How much extra was the Snowcat ride? I didn't even know it was there, otherwise would have taken it to the bowl.   Thanks
We missed our flight out of Denver Sunday. A semi had jackknifed on I70 and we sat in Glenwood Springs for about six hours. If we had left 30 minutes earlier we would have missed it.   Looks like we'll fly direct to Aspen next time, instead of the big loop. Comes out about the same for travel costs.   There is the small chance the plane will flip on landing though.   :/
Arizona - Snowbowl - no..     :(
I'm in Stevens Pass 1 Jan - 3 Jan. Maybe something will hit right before or during that.   :/
I'm still looking for gloves that offer a lengthy gauntlet. Lots of great gloves but they all have shorty gauntlets.   I ended up sewing extensions on my nicest gloves.   :)