or Connect

Posts by dwoof2

I am becoming very adept at jumptotheotherfootquick changes. At least for what i can see.   :)
Alta and the Bird are OK, just spent a few days at each.   Nothing off piste though, bowls and bumps are frozen, etc. Trees were doable after things softened up in the afternoon.   0" fresh powder all week.
I don't think it was the jig error or problem. It looks as if the the tech centered the jig or the template on the silk screened hash marks on the ski, They binding looks centered on the the hash marks. The hash marks are not centered on the ski, they are offset.   Edit: A local tech stripped several holes while mounting new bindings on my new skis. I now drill and mount my own bindings.
Thanks for the Lifestyls link. Now I know where and when to avoid.  :)
I'm not brand loyal at all.   One factory might make gear or clothing for three different companies.   One brand and style might be made by five different shops and those shops farm the work out to a hundred contractors. Back in the day I lived in Costa Rica - the family that I stayed with made Sidi cycling shoes - not knock offs - (only made in Italy, right?)   It's about what you like, what works and what fits. And price.   I think when you're new to a sport...
Thanks guys.. That'll be the place, provided the get a base before then.   Edit:   Just saw the website - they will not be open for 2014/2015 ??   Edit:   It was Crystal Mountain BC.      
I'll be in Tacoma the first week of December - I'm not familiar with the area. Are there nearby ski areas? By nearby I mean less than a 2-3 hour drive.   Thanks
If not already mentioned - the Goldminer's Daughter has something like 'dorms' for around $160 a night, from what I gather this includes dinner. I usually stay in Midvale though, and jump on the ski shuttle on Wasatch to LCC. After skiing all day the legs are toast and it's nice to let someone else drive. Get to the bus stop early though, after a big storm they are packed.   Anything off of the High Traverse at Alta is fun, the HT looks intimidating, and keeps folks out...
I've never been to Deer Valley - It looks like you're just skiing in everyone's backyard....
No.