or Connect

Posts by dwoof2

I see this bulk wax on sale on Ebay all the time -   Lambskin Wax.. 900G.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/BULK-LAMBSKIN-SKI-SNOWBOARD-WAX-2-5-lbs-/121440360379?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4668d7bb    (Mods feel free to remove link if needed)     Has anyone tried this, what do you think? Is it just paraffin with added scent?   I need a few kilos of bulk wax, this is cheaper than Toko or others.   Thanks everyone.
Hi everyone  -     I just wanted to wake this thread up.   I'll be doing a few weeks in Slovenia/Eastern Italy this winter. Just an off the cuff thing.   Any resorts I should definitely see, any places to steer clear of? (Crime, bad roads, etc)   Car rental or public transportation (spoiled from Germany!)? International drivers license needed or U.S. license ok? Vignettes to drive on the roads? Any toll roads to avoid?   Any updates on resorts, exchange rate,...
Crg - that reminds me -   Have new boots or liners?   Put them on over the summer - wear them around the house several times (10 or 20 times or more). I put them on if I'll be standing for quite a while. This will help them pack out, it's better they hurt a bit around the house than on the hill.
The only ones that bother me a really high lifts that run without safety bars. Often these are the old fixed grip two seaters...
More than six inches of powder? Bring powder straps. Just trust me on that one.
Contacts if you have them - not glasses under the goggles. Bring an extra pair and solution.
More people are injured in their own bathrooms than anywhere else. I keep my helmet right outside my bathroom door.
I don't agree guys.   Grey was skiing a bit recklessly, cut left hard to take a new line and maybe to take a new trail or hit that small patch of powder.  He did not look uphill to see the oncoming skier. Red was skiing with fine form, grey blindsided him. I've been in situations exactly like that.   I've watched it a few times now. I think maybe 20% red at fault, 80% grey. Actually it looks more like a white/black/scarf guy. If you look earlier in the video you'll...
I have Scott composites for daily use - (no straps, learned my lesson)... Tried aluminum but always end up bending them. Carbon fiber only now, can't bend them and really light. Found them on sale locally for $19! a pair - bought three or four sets. All very long (hence the sale) but I trimmed them down.   I'll beat up one pair for a couple seasons then use the next pair.   Also found aluminum adjustables with powder baskets for $2 or $3 at a thrift store. Almost...
Appears they've done some sleight of hand with the editing. They cut away the drone video, each time the drone flies further and further away to keep the transmitter in the shot.    Looks like they need some work on this.     Also..   I don't want to see drones on the slopes. It will cause accidents, and the mountain will be liable. Two skiers shussing along minding their own business, and they both look up to see an object buzzing above them. They collide. Who is...