or Connect

Posts by RobSo

I am leaning towards the Razor Tune myself.  Love the idea of tuning with base up.  Should be pretty hard to slip and mess up. 
A "used" dryer sheet works great as a substitute for fiberlene.  I started using them ever since our ski coach recommended it.  The dryer sheet is thicker so it takes more heat/time to melt the wax.  It does a nice job soaking up the excess wax.  Whenever I go back to using fiberlene, I need to make sure to keep the iron moving. 
Our U16s just raced at West Mountain (NY) this weekend.  They met the owner of Razor Tune there.  They were raving about how great this product looked.  Good enough that they are looking into a possible group buy.  I like the fact that it is tuned with the base up.  Seems very easy to use.  However, I have my concerns though.  How accurate is this bevel?  Will the company still be around when I need a replacement wheel? 
I think it's a great idea to run the 200 grit Moonflex before using the Evo Pro Edger.  This way I can check that the sidewall is being cleared.  Also, it looks pretty easy to use, unlike the Edge tune Pro II.  That unit gave me extremely inconsistent results but I loved the hardened finish.  I am sold on this product.  I just have to convince the wife that I really "NEED" this.  She should be happy that my interest has shifted from the more expensive Snow Glide!    
Thanks for the great review, Captain Kirk!  Are you using different grit diamond discs or are you using "fine" as the final touch after diamond stones? 
I have been eyeing this thing for a few weeks now.  Waiting on some reviews before I pull the trigger.  Who will be the first to try this.....

I have 2 junior racers that race/train 4 times a week.  Prepping for training days takes me about 2 hours.  For race days, it takes me more like 5 hours. 
Sent you PM.