or Connect

Posts by carvemeister

I hate to ask this question, but am going to do it anyway. It's the age old dilemma: "What ski(s) should I bring?? Gotta pack tomorrow and skiing Copper Sun-Mon, then Steamboat Wed-Sat. I will bring my do-anything Blizzard Magnum 8.7's (87mm) and would usually bring my 122mm DPS Wailers for powder days and had assumed all along that would be my 2nd pair. But as of now anyhow it seems likely that may spend most days sleeping on the floor of our condo. I realize it may...
Thanks! That's what I figured.
I think Revelstoke (except on a big powder day) and places like Red Mountain, Whitefish and Big Sky may have spoiled me forever. I'll have to make my wife retire next year if we run into this all week long. Still, I'd rather stand in that line all week for a few glorious turns than ski the East any more this winter (which, all things considered, is somehow hanging on pretty well....).
OH, Shit....seriously?? Not even a powder day and it's like that most of the day? We'll be there on the 17th. I haven't been there before, so I guess I'll need to get ready for that. I may have spoiled myself the past 10 years always going on a trip during a non-holiday week. Maybe Finndog will have a trick or two to share with us if we get to hook up!
How do you check your Max Pass usage? I see noting on their website that explains it. Do you have to email them for this, or is there another way?
Hey rollin, dude, please - you're killin' me with all this hand-wringing malarkey. Talk about over-reaching. I loved what they did. Well, at least the end result anyhow - and that's from a cop on Long Island for 33 years. Sure it can't be "officially condoned." I'm pretty sure they had no permission to do this and the city never would have granted it without some big $$$ filming permit, so they just did it. Yeah, they could have gotten hurt, but without people taking...
Man, you really do need to get out and go skiing, don't you?
Well, that's quite the comment. What are you, Steve Harvey? And since you asked, I have no grudge. I lost a lot of money on Powerball lately and I just wanted to feel like a F#%@n' winner, OK? Everybody else is jumping up with, "Hey, I've got 2 Numbers, I've got Whitefish" or, "I've got 3 Numbers, I've got Vail!" So I'm like "F@%#$K that, I've got all 6 - Tannersville!" So, yeah, I guess I thought this was a contest. Sorry about that. Just wanted to win something...
Nice detective work! Pretty pathetic when you have to misrepresent Killington with photos from another country no less. As an actual town it's still among the most hideous, but as a ski resort it remains of the better ones in the east mainly due to the extent and variety of terrain, the grooming and snowmaking - not to mention the best by a mile anywhere in the east new summit lodge which is spectacular. Even on the worst of days, you can usually find several lifts to...
Sorry Scranton haters, but Scranton is not a "ski town." Aside from those of you who have actually suffered through the carnage of having lived there, no one else on earth thinks of going to Scranton for the skiing. It is thus disqualified as a ski town. Now, let's get back to the winner of this award, shall we. It's Tannersville, NY. Nothing else comes close. It has neither charm, nor charming people, nor scenery, not even a decent bar or restaurant. Game over. ...