or Connect

Posts by carvemeister

Here are a few photos as promised. I didn't take too many at WC because the skiing was just too good. These were from Saturday and I know there was a ton of snow that followed. I can't imagine how good it was a few days later, but I have no complaints. WC was a blast although we mostly skied the trees off the Alberta chair all day: Taken from the car at WC Pass: Not our vehicle, but In the parking lot at the end of the day:
...real quick answer because we're headed out for snowcat skiing now, but Thursday at Silverton was very good, but not as good as Saturday at Wolf Creek. Snow was a little dense at Silverton in many spots. WC was just blower!
OMG, OMG, OMG GET HERE RIGHT NOW! KNEE DEEP UNTRACKED EVERYWHERE AND STILL COMING DOWN. (eating lunch - potato bacon green chile soup). PHOTOS TO FOLLOW!!! EPIC SKI-ING!!!!
I'll be at Silverton on Thursday. Flying out to ABQ in just 11 hours. Holy shit. I can't believe this is happening - to me.
Taos webcam seems to show it puking right now! Looks like 4-5" on the ground as of 5:30am Taos time.
Sounds good. Thanks!
Bwaaahwwhhaaaaaa!!!!!!
BTW - would you care to venture a guesstimate for travel time from TSV to Durango for me? I'm figuring ~5 1/2 hours for 250 miles, assuming I have to take I-285 down to I-84, unless I-64 (210 mi.) is open, passable, and worthwhile (although I can't image that route would save me much time).
Thanks, Snowfan!! It helps a lot to know that and get it off my mind. I'm going super light on the "optional" extra clothing I usually pack and heavy on the gear. i.e. 2 backpacks, (one with an Avalung), avy gear, lots of camera gear, the new helmet cam, yadayada.... I'll probably smell like a wet goat at the bar on day 6, but this will be well documented if I survive.
Well' we're flying in there on Monday and we're bringing it with us!! Only 2 days in Taos however before we head up to Durango Wednesday evening. I'm hoping the drive isn't going to be too brutal. I have no idea what those roads are like if they end up with a few inches of snow. I have a feeling we bit off more than we can chew because part 2 of the plan is to make it to Durango, get a good night's sleep (or at least a half-night), then drive up to Silverton where...