Posts by MattSmith

Agreed!  Good point Kevin.  New schedule: Stowe Weekend Meet-up Saturday morning meet-up:  9:30 AM at the Stowe demo center.Saturday afternoon meet-up:  1:00 PM on the deck of Octagon (at the top of the Quad).
 That's one heck of a lesson.  Iron man w headlamp or just a typo?  Good point @marznc.  Looks like @naja has a start. Stowe Weekend Meet-up Saturday morning meet-up:  9:30 AM at the Gondola base.Saturday afternoon meet-up:  1:00 PM on the deck of Octagon (at the top of the Quad). I am pretty easy to pick out.  Yellow Trew jacket.  Blue pants.  Orange helmet.  Links to a few pictures from the Whistler Gathering.  (I will probably not wear my...
It IS THE Matt Smith you've met at the Gatherings.  One of many...   I'm planning to make the trip.  Hard to pass up 2 "free" ski days and no plans for the weekend.    I don't know a lot about Stowe.  I was a "Sugarbush Guy" before I transitioned to a a "Jay Guy".    I'm certain there's fun to be had.  I'll look forward to meeting up.   Strawman plan is to drive up Friday afternoon, hopefully leaving around 3 to beat traffic out of the city.  Ski Saturday and...
I need to use the two days on my MCP.  I may be up and could use a ski buddy or two.
Keep up the prayer, chants, and dancing for Ullr!    From Larry Shick @ OpenSnow:  https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/whistler   Powder days ahead Summary Today will continue to see a relatively dry pattern, with little or no snow and chilly temperatures. Tonight and Wednesday, through the weekend , will see snow at times with low snow levels. The potential is for excellent snowfall, especially tonight/tomorrow and later this week, with new snow each day...
Woo-hoo!  I just booked a flight yesterday.  Stoke level is off the charts!   My flight arrives in YVR on Saturday morning at 1 AM.  I'm planning to crash out in an airport hotel.    I'm happy to share expenses (or by a beer) for anyone willing to pick me and my gear up in Vancouver on Saturday morning.   Not critical.  I'll catch a shuttle otherwise.  Giddy up!
1. Gathermeister - Skiing March 4, 2017 to March 11, 2017 after skiing the day. 2. Posaune - Unsure on the exact dates, but we'll be there for at least a few days. 3. Gorkin - Unsure on the exact dates, but we'll be there for at least a few days. 4. dbostedo - 3/5-3/11 | Intermediate 5. Old Boot - 3/4 - 3/14 6. Lady Salina 3/5 - 3/11 7. DesiredUsername - arriving March 4, skiing March 5-11. Advanced/expert, 8. Shamora - arriving March 4, skiing March 5-11....
I LOVED this post.  I'm so intrigued by skiing in Europe.  I'm a novice in international travel, yet an advanced skier.  Any chance you are taking applications for an additional "nephew"? 
Welcome to EpicSki.  Hopefully you are not deterred from a most excellent skiing experience.  In context you are very lucky.  You have a ski vacation waiting for you.  I'm reading your post eating lunch at my desk and wishing I was on snow. Agreeing with the previous posts; the experience you describe is a bit unusual.  I travel with a double ski bag and two pair of skis.  I pack pants and jackets in the bag.  < 50 lbs, no issue.    You had a dustup with an airline.  It...
Hi Jamesj - Thanks for the reply post.  Participating in the Aspen Gathering was one of the highlights of the trip, no doubt.  I'm working on Whistler.  Gotta get a flight booked.  Anyway, I wanted to write back and reinforce how lucky I was to ski with my Dad last year.  He's a 5+ year survivor of pancreatic cancer and that's a pretty rare occurrence.  I'm sharing this in support of all the "dads" out there who share their love of skiing with their kids.  It's a rare...