or Connect

Posts by MattSmith

Hi Jamesj - Thanks for the reply post.  Participating in the Aspen Gathering was one of the highlights of the trip, no doubt.  I'm working on Whistler.  Gotta get a flight booked.  Anyway, I wanted to write back and reinforce how lucky I was to ski with my Dad last year.  He's a 5+ year survivor of pancreatic cancer and that's a pretty rare occurrence.  I'm sharing this in support of all the "dads" out there who share their love of skiing with their kids.  It's a rare...
Hi All, There wasn't any activity on this thread.  I'm certain there are New England back country skiers out there.  I can't deal with resort skiing on the weekend any longer.    I'm solid in bounds skier.  A noob to the back country Anyone want to connect?  -Matt  
An admirable pursuit PJS32000.  I did *something* like this last year and had arguably the best 3 months of my life.  A detailed chronicle can be found here:  https://skibatical2016.wordpress.com.   The biggest difference?  I didn’t maintain my professional work life at all.  I took a leave of absence.  I guess there were a few phone calls and a log in here and there, but for all intents and purposes I “unplugged”.  Best decision I could have made.  Might not be as...
I'm flying into Calgary 12/10 and departing 12/18 (red-eye).  No firm plans, but intend to hit Revi and Kicking Horse.  Possibly Banff.  Will do AirBnB along the way.   If anyone wants to meet up for some turns, I'm in.  I'm pretty solid on skis.  I *should* be able to follow you where ever you roam.  ..and if I can't keep up, too bad for me. 
Not sure this is the right place to post for meet ups, but I figured if anyone is looking for skiing buddies at Revelstoke you might find me here.    I'm flying into Calgary 12/10 and departing 12/18.  No firm plans, but intend to hit Revi and Kicking Horse.  Possibly Banff.  Will do AirBnB along the way.   If anyone wants to meet up for some turns, I'm in.  I'm pretty solid on skis.  I *should* be able to follow you where ever you roam.  ..and if I can't keep up, too...
Last meeting time was definitely 8:30, running a few early laps off the Mountain Village chair.     @dbostedo, @northeasterner and I plan to catch an ~8:15 shuttle out of Ruby Park for an ~8:45 arrival.   That's the plan anyway...  PM me if you want to text and meet up.
A few pictures from today (2/7).  Loved it!     @northeasterner a few steps from the peak.   Breathing hard, but happy.   @northeasterner and @Riad pose at the summit   @Dryheat, @Riad, @northeasterner, @MattSmith   @Rainbow Jenny and @near nyquist push through the final ascent.     @Rainbow Jenny @ Highland Peak
Anyone at Ajax Tavern? 3:50 It's happy hour.
Hi - I can offer a twin bed in a shared room with a shared bath in an Aspen condo.  Feb 2 through Feb 9.  Great location - 4 blocks to the Gondola.  Seems to be a pretty typical ski condo other than that.     The master suite is occupied and private.     PM for additional details and consideration.  This is not a party house or a flop pad.  Payment via PayPal on Venmo in advance.  If you are cool, mature, and need a bed for the Gathering this is a good...
Go Steelers!  Any Summit County Steeler fans getting together for the game in a Dillon, Silverthorne, or Frisco bar?  Any recommendations?