Posts by MattSmith

Woo-hoo!  I just booked a flight yesterday.  Stoke level is off the charts!   My flight arrives in YVR on Saturday morning at 1 AM.  I'm planning to crash out in an airport hotel.    I'm happy to share expenses (or by a beer) for anyone willing to pick me and my gear up in Vancouver on Saturday morning.   Not critical.  I'll catch a shuttle otherwise.  Giddy up!
1. Gathermeister - Skiing March 4, 2017 to March 11, 2017 after skiing the day. 2. Posaune - Unsure on the exact dates, but we'll be there for at least a few days. 3. Gorkin - Unsure on the exact dates, but we'll be there for at least a few days. 4. dbostedo - 3/5-3/11 | Intermediate 5. Old Boot - 3/4 - 3/14 6. Lady Salina 3/5 - 3/11 7. DesiredUsername - arriving March 4, skiing March 5-11. Advanced/expert, 8. Shamora - arriving March 4, skiing March 5-11....
I LOVED this post.  I'm so intrigued by skiing in Europe.  I'm a novice in international travel, yet an advanced skier.  Any chance you are taking applications for an additional "nephew"? 
Welcome to EpicSki.  Hopefully you are not deterred from a most excellent skiing experience.  In context you are very lucky.  You have a ski vacation waiting for you.  I'm reading your post eating lunch at my desk and wishing I was on snow. Agreeing with the previous posts; the experience you describe is a bit unusual.  I travel with a double ski bag and two pair of skis.  I pack pants and jackets in the bag.  < 50 lbs, no issue.    You had a dustup with an airline.  It...
Hi Jamesj - Thanks for the reply post.  Participating in the Aspen Gathering was one of the highlights of the trip, no doubt.  I'm working on Whistler.  Gotta get a flight booked.  Anyway, I wanted to write back and reinforce how lucky I was to ski with my Dad last year.  He's a 5+ year survivor of pancreatic cancer and that's a pretty rare occurrence.  I'm sharing this in support of all the "dads" out there who share their love of skiing with their kids.  It's a rare...
Hi All, There wasn't any activity on this thread.  I'm certain there are New England back country skiers out there.  I can't deal with resort skiing on the weekend any longer.    I'm solid in bounds skier.  A noob to the back country Anyone want to connect?  -Matt  
An admirable pursuit PJS32000.  I did *something* like this last year and had arguably the best 3 months of my life.  A detailed chronicle can be found here:  https://skibatical2016.wordpress.com.   The biggest difference?  I didn’t maintain my professional work life at all.  I took a leave of absence.  I guess there were a few phone calls and a log in here and there, but for all intents and purposes I “unplugged”.  Best decision I could have made.  Might not be as...
I'm flying into Calgary 12/10 and departing 12/18 (red-eye).  No firm plans, but intend to hit Revi and Kicking Horse.  Possibly Banff.  Will do AirBnB along the way.   If anyone wants to meet up for some turns, I'm in.  I'm pretty solid on skis.  I *should* be able to follow you where ever you roam.  ..and if I can't keep up, too bad for me. 
Not sure this is the right place to post for meet ups, but I figured if anyone is looking for skiing buddies at Revelstoke you might find me here.    I'm flying into Calgary 12/10 and departing 12/18.  No firm plans, but intend to hit Revi and Kicking Horse.  Possibly Banff.  Will do AirBnB along the way.   If anyone wants to meet up for some turns, I'm in.  I'm pretty solid on skis.  I *should* be able to follow you where ever you roam.  ..and if I can't keep up, too...
Last meeting time was definitely 8:30, running a few early laps off the Mountain Village chair.     @dbostedo, @northeasterner and I plan to catch an ~8:15 shuttle out of Ruby Park for an ~8:45 arrival.   That's the plan anyway...  PM me if you want to text and meet up.