or Connect

Posts by markojp

That's what I'm talking about! Fantastic info above and beyond!
OP is a 130 lb female... BB, PM siberianhusky and ask her what her daughter likes skiing on. A bunch of men telling you to ski what they just bought is plain silly and does you a huge disservice.
Guys, lets hear about skis for skiers with a similar profile.. Female, east coast, race background looking for a quiver ski that will compliment her race skis. I used the example of a skier with her background and more. Any of you have friends, acquaintances or kids who match the OP's profile?
BB, the usual answer is "Ski what I ski, they're great!" . I'm only suggesting a couple of skis here because I know someone locally who's ex USST WC. she's also in the industry and can ski anything she'd like, is involved in ski testing for a major publication, and helps test skis for a particular manufacturer. As said above, it's pretty hard to beat a good race ski for out east. The trick is finding a ski that's relatively light enough to bother skiing with inbounds AND...
No. There's a difference between merely highly skilled and 1%'ers. I also think there aren't many people posting here who've skied much with ex WC'ers or current free ride tour folks, or have had the opportunity to simply watch them ski much at 1:1. They don't seem to have these type of arguments amongst each other as there's plenty of mutual respect to go around. Unfortunately, we, the hoi polloi, tend to chose sides that affirm our own personal experiences on snow and...
Way. Over. Thinking. This. If you're an advanced skier without any particular history of regularly breaking poles, then higher end carbon offers low swing weight, Light weight, etc... There are some fantastic AL poles that offer the same ( a la Scott). Go to the shop, pick out a size and make, swing it with as little effort as you can to feel the balance of the design, check if the grip works well with your glove and hand size, then buy them when you find the right pole,...
All the RX series boots have removable/replaceable sole plates. The RS 130 wide is the 'oddball' of the lot on this regard.
And then 's Logan Pehota who gets a bit of value added insight from his dad.
General infrustructure projects... and remember, traditionally, this 'late season' was rolled into the following season pass or simply paid extra for by the regular season pass holders.... I think I'm recalling that correctly. The summer season generates more cash flow than a handful of spring weekends, though arguably there are marketing bragging rights built into being open into July... just wasn't going to happen this year, but again, the volcanos appear to be skiing...