or Connect

Posts by markojp

Neither can they... The strongest maybe a few reps, but wha they have is the technical skill that gets them excellent alignment/structure/stacking to manage the forces involved at high speed.
A lovely ski for sure in a world of lovely skis. Compared to the rest on your list, they would indeed stand out. Now just don't ski an MX 98.
Sign up for a couple of lessons. May of us grew up with and were accomplished skiers on straight skis... yes, I've even skied a VR 17 DH (223). The big 'up' unweighting move isn't necessary on current skis and may in fact be a cause of your issues. I'm sure there's some rotary push off, etc... In the mix as well... Tough to say without video though. About not believing in skis making you better, if you were skiing VR17's and 27's in the day, they were far superior to...
IMHO, I like to see and teach a looser, more dynamic pivoted slip/turn/combo thereof focusing on the release of the old outside foot. Better yet, let's just say, "ski on the inside foot!" The issue we see in PSIA is that even higher level skiers are 'blocking' their advance down the fall line... Even a little back and in impedes controlled progress DOWN the hill. In a nutshell, many of us have spend decades managing pressure 'across' the hill rather than 'down' it. Takes...
Sadly, it probably will depend on whose kids are involved... In this day and age, privilege has it's privileges.
YM, I'm pretty sure we're talking about two different things. Best diagrams are in LeMaster.
Nope. I can measure it tomorrow if you'd like.
Platform angle needs to be 90 degrees or less on hard snow.
Hopefully some news will make it to press after the alpine championships.
We also need to talk about platform angle, but since LeMaster doesn't know what he's talking about, I won't bother providing a reference.