or Connect

Posts by doin1

For got to mention. It is not my thing but my grandkids were thrilled with all the terrain parks.
Had a family gathering at BS over the holidays 14/15. My home mountain so I am biased. We had a great time. If I remember correctly there was like 3500 acres open. Skied off the tram.It did get cold. So far the coldest of the year. We rented a house in Powder Ridge. I would recommend with a big group, upto 12. Ski in/out, once you figure out the right trails very convenient. They book early that time of year. I personally think possibly because of the size the snow gets...
Thanks for the reply's. I will put more focus on these things.
I am a 59 year old return skier. I took a 14 year hiatus. Was a advanced intermediate before the hiatus. I have skied 25 times so far this year. I am in local group lesson consisting of 2 times per week for 5 weeks that is about to conclude. I will be taking a half day private with Little Bear in a couple weeks. My question is. I have made huge advancements in the class. However, the what I would consider very good technique on groomers and steeps that are not too bumped...
Philpug. Thanks for doing this. My wife is going to be buying new boots. Could you look for any advancements in Fischer Vacuum?
Was there at the same time. Had a blast. Sunrise from our cabin.
Very cool😊
I am having family get together ski trip at Big Sky. After Christmas until after the New Year. I have a daughter who lives in Atlanta. She says her airfare is like a $1000 a ticket right now. Is that likely to go down the closer we get to ski season? Epic had a get together there recently so maybe someone could chime in on what it was running then.
I will without a doubt get a local bootfitter. I have read some of the info on boot fitting. My concern in reading that and threads is that I am too wide in the forefoot for comfort.
I am getting back into skiing after a 10 year hiatus. I read about the Vacumms and that sounds like quite the advancement. I have a wide forefoot 111 mm. Narrow heel, low volume foot. What can I look forward to for a ski boot fitting experience? Is pain in my future? Is there anything that I should absolutely look for?