or Connect

Posts by TCSnow45

Thanks, TrekChick. If you're headed up to Crystal, let me know. I'm out on the mountain several days a week. Haven't skied Caberfae for a few years and wouldn't mind heading down there for a midweek powder day. 
 Teton - last I knew Michigan had the second-most ski areas in the country (only New York has more). There are a lot of skiers here, and many of us are "good" at much more than racing or park. Not saying the skiers at my local mountain can hang with the JH crowd , but you might be surprised at the snow quality and the number of rippers. For kicks, check out this video from last year:  Deep Powder Skiing at Crystal Mountain, Michigan 
 Let's hope it starts snowing soon so we can ski over Thanksgiving! 
Hey, Bob. I lived in Utah for 7 years and understand where you're coming from. The terrain in the Midwest simply does not compare. However, there are plenty of options for a fun skiing experience, IMO. I live in Traverse City, Michigan, which is just over 5 hours from Chicago in the northern Lower Peninsula. I ski at Crystal Mountain, which is just west of Traverse and is one of the larger resorts in the state. The snow quality can be surprisingly good - we got over 200"...