or Connect

Posts by lonewolf210

It's interesting that you mention this because it contrasts with what was given the win in the Redbull Rampage event. The winning line had two monster drops in it for sure but was almost completely devoid of tricks. The judges awarded a lot of points for the speed and flow of the run compared to some of the other competitors who were doing flips over 70 ft canyons and spins off of some of the big drops. I will say though that I do think there is something kind of cool to...
Have you seen the rates for the experts of sky diving? They kill themselves all the time and I truly mean kill themselves. The vast majority die in swooping accidents which is completely avoidable and is a failure of anticipating how far from the ground or the approach angle but when the goal is to skim a foot across a pond or weave between poles at high speed.  Did always find this quote a guy in my office told me funny: If your body looks good at the end of your life you...
Not sure it'll offer that much. Might make a an out of the way chair more popular but the true "stashes"   typically aren't real runs anyways. Not to mention that the audience using it will more than likely be intermediate/beginner skiers and it won't make much of an impact.
It's so hard to characterize though because there is a continuum for mountaineering as well. The best example probably being the Eiger, there are routes that are little more than an arduous hike up and then there is the north wall with the nickname of murder wall because of how many people die on it. Same route same mountain though I can't think of any route that would be safer in the winter than the summer. I know Aconcagua is considered easier with some snow on it...
POV from the winning run. The drop in the middle is massive.
Frosty's is a little advanced for a low level intermediate though a mid to advanced intermediate should be fine. It used to be a blue/black but is now rated Black   
I would remove your email or a crawler might find you and spam you to death
Will the trip with out your kid be during a non peak week?  If you want PM and I can give you some tips on were to ski. During the week nothing should really be a problem but even during non peak weeks peak 9 gets pretty crowded. I also wouldn't bother taking the gondola to 7. Take a run on 9 to the peak 8 super connect, a run down to Colorado super chair and then over to seven. It'll take about the same amount of time as catching the bus and you get two runs in instead....
Beaver Creek is a pretty long haul from Breck. Beaver creek would be a pretty good place for an intermediate though lots of well groomed blues. The Stone Creek Chutes are pretty solid terrain for an advanced rider and always fun to ski the Birds of prey Course though make sure you have sharp edges.
Breck is an awful place for boarders to learn. There are lots of green runs but to get between pretty much any of the peaks requires very long very flat cat tracks for beginner riders. The only exception being the ability to take the super connect from 9-8 but doesn't go the other way.  Peak 9 has quite a few decent Greens but they are very crowded.  Not to mention absolutely abysmal crowds at the beginner areas. Don't be surprised to wait 30 minutes in a lift line in the...