Posts by lonewolf210

Yeah cuz rich kids never steal anything  Some people steal stuff just for the thrill particularly wealthy young adults. That being said I never lock up my skis or my gear for that matter. I often leave a bag with spare layers, goggle lens, gloves, etc in a corner of the lodge or under a stairwell and have never had a problem. I know some places have problems with theft but for the most part I haven't seen it happen. Kind of like leaving camping gear at a campground. No one...
 I agree with Bob it sounds like OP lucked out really well with Alta (although as Bob pointed out they might have the most consistent snow fall in NA) and expects that to be the norm. To add to the examples provided above my only trip to Jackson was when it hadn't snowed in almost 3 weeks and to be honest I came away feeling a little underwhelmed as many of the marquee runs where either extremely nasty or unridable. If it had been one of my first trips I probably would...
Looking to replace my avalanche beacon that got stolen. Anyone got an old one lying around?
Who knew this thread would turn into another one of these:  
I am quite comfortable skiing without poles if I have to but I still find it much easier to ski with them when trying to ski bumps at speed or when skiing very steep terrain. Groomers I don't use them for much but do think that they still help aide in balance. 
I would suggest SLC as it's super easy to get too and from plus you could pick whatever mountain you wanted for the day and plenty of good breweries but if your looking for a Mardi Grais party not the best.   Breckenridge is known for getting really crowded on the holidays/weekend but since you will be skiing primarily on week days it would be a great option. It has plenty of beginner/intermediate terrain and the top of Peak 8, Peak 6, Peak 10 and E chair would provide...
New requirement for all cars to have snows or chains on I70, which the rentals currently do not have, so you could ultimately end up getting a ticket driving into the mountains.
As a fellow Jew I have made it my tradition to ski every Xmas day. Join me in my tradition! We will make it like Chinese food and the movie theater. But in reality the crowds my be a little less on Xmas day but the people who have traveled to ski typically ski at some point that day. Maybe a little slower out but it is still during the busiest week of the year.  
Haha that's probably true... I like to pretend tough 
Not to beat a dead horse    But I wouldn't really consider someone yelling "Epic Fail" from the chairlift right after I had a yard sale mean spirited. My first thought would be "indeed it was" but maybe it's because I'm still young enough to understand slang unlike you old timers.       That being said making fun of someone on the bunny hill is like kicking a man when he's down. It's easy...