Posts by lonewolf210

I would suggest SLC as it's super easy to get too and from plus you could pick whatever mountain you wanted for the day and plenty of good breweries but if your looking for a Mardi Grais party not the best.   Breckenridge is known for getting really crowded on the holidays/weekend but since you will be skiing primarily on week days it would be a great option. It has plenty of beginner/intermediate terrain and the top of Peak 8, Peak 6, Peak 10 and E chair would provide...
New requirement for all cars to have snows or chains on I70, which the rentals currently do not have, so you could ultimately end up getting a ticket driving into the mountains.
As a fellow Jew I have made it my tradition to ski every Xmas day. Join me in my tradition! We will make it like Chinese food and the movie theater. But in reality the crowds my be a little less on Xmas day but the people who have traveled to ski typically ski at some point that day. Maybe a little slower out but it is still during the busiest week of the year.  
Haha that's probably true... I like to pretend tough 
Not to beat a dead horse    But I wouldn't really consider someone yelling "Epic Fail" from the chairlift right after I had a yard sale mean spirited. My first thought would be "indeed it was" but maybe it's because I'm still young enough to understand slang unlike you old timers.       That being said making fun of someone on the bunny hill is like kicking a man when he's down. It's easy...
I didn't realize I made it that often 
 They make reverse camber park skis? that's weird As for OP a pipe oriented park ski will perform well on groomers outside the park as they are designed for holding edge well. They have very different flex patterns though. I would figure out what your son is intending to ski more often. There are plenty of all-mountain twin tips that will perform adequately for a hobbyist park. If intends on becoming a park rat and spending the majority of his time there than a park ski...
I'm not as educated on the biomechanics as a lot of people on here but beyond what others have said about being able to see the biomechanics of a turn while skiing switch is going to be very different simply because of the way our bodies are built.  All the joints now bend the "wrong" way and the COM of the skier is naturally forward of the feet. As the most stable position is the COM centered over the feet the skier now needs to move it backwards. Normally this could be...
 Who cares if it's overkill if they enjoy having it. Skiing clothing is just as much about fashion as it is about functionality. If the person gets to feel good about themselves wearing it then good for them, it's not overkill. 
Thanks for the info ^^ I went last year and it's a great program. I highly encourage anyone who is able to to attend.