or Connect

Posts by lonewolf210

Just going to say that I feel like kick turns don't need that much flexibility. I was born with tends too short in most of my joints and multiple doctors have told me that I am the most inflexible person they have ever met and that I would need surgery to see any meaningful improvement. I can still do kick turns, I think its just a very awkward feeling movement that people aren't comfortable with. If you pick up your foot to look at the bottom of your shoe you've rotated...
 It's only a 2.5 hr drive to the town and there are almost no mountain driving. The road does get a little windy for a few miles close to the town but it's an easy drive. I don't think it would be worth it to stay in town unless you also wanted to do something like the tram. 
  Cabin chute also currently has a mandatory air in it. It's only about 2-3 feet so nothing difficult but it's there.  
 Word of warning cabin chute still has tons of sharks and I'm not sure this storm will be enough to fill in everything. I made the mistake of dropping in two weeks ago... 
 Being heavy doesn't necessarily make it better. My current skis are some ski logiks that are very light but stiff and they handle crud very well. I'm not sure that there is any ski out there that will prevent you getting tossed around some if it's truly frozen crud. I would not get a ski with a flat tail based on what you are looking for.  

As a general rule the more skier's left you go the harder it is
So I have been thinking about this more and had some thoughts on the topic, to preface it I am not an instructor and never have been. That being said the few friends I have tried to teach have always had a fear of the acceleration experienced as they enter the fall line. As such they exhibited the habit of simply going too slow to turn because they knew as soon  as they turned they would accelerate. The hockey stop provides them with a tool to deal with that acceleration...
So this is kind of random but has anyone noticed that the shadows on Kachina create a weird effect where the runs look much steeper from the bottom then they do from the top? The K chutes in particular look crazy steep from the chair.    
 The demand isn't for big crowds. As much hate as a lot of the big crowd resorts get on here there's a reason. This forum consists of mostly very high level ski enthusiasts (who else would waste so much time debating whether a hockey stop is a good way to teach parallel turns or perhaps its not a hockey stop but a stivot )    Vail for instance is a mountain that many here have disdain for but it's pretty hard to deny that it's one of the best mountains around for...