or Connect

Posts by lonewolf210

Not really even at 490 stems/ha that equates to a spacing of a little more than 14 feet between trees. Still what CTKook would consider sparse trees. I agree that they do need to be somewhat tight but not unskiably tight like CT suggests. The study also found that less than only about 5% of avalanches start within the trees. This would correlate to a lower probability of avalanches in the trees. Within the 5% that occurred the study found that density beyond what they...
Please enlighten me as to what it is really saying then when it says 15m spacing on a 35 degree slopes makes release less probable?
So the rest of my post was irrelevant? That study defines what it takes to stabilize a slope to make it safer then an open slope and 15m spacing isn't exactly difficult skiing...
We did (at least I did) provide several studies and authors who supported that view but you have refused to address those... It's clear that we aren't going to agree on this but what we are saying is far from random people spouting beliefs without support. As was pointed out Tremper supports the idea and uses the exact analogy I began the discussion with. We can have varying views but it's far from a black and white issue even between the professionals.  As a refresher of...
-Slopes with recent slides are always safe because the unstable snow already slid-If you do set off a slide make sure to call SAR but don't tell them you left or how many were in your party. They might try and crash your beer drinking at the bar later
In line with my costume's character tonight I am drinking Jack Daniels
Thought it would be fun to share everyone's costumes for Halloween this year     
The problem is that for the most part what you were quoting was totally irrelevant. If an avalanche is a bomb, we were talking about whether or not needle nose pliers help disarm the bomb more safely. You were arguing that the needle nose pliers aren't any good at protecting you when the bomb goes off. 90% of the quotes you provided were from articles discussing whether or not trees protect you AFTER an avalanche has been triggered. No one claimed they did. The discussion...
I'm just curious to see what he comes up with...
Please provid this extensive list.