Posts by lonewolf210

Have you ever been to Espanola? I wouldn't consider it socially active unless meth is your thing...
Since when does it have to be about skis? We allow snowboard discussion...
 That's good to hear. I was really torn on whether to go to Tahoe or SLC this weekend but I think the hype from the storm, everything being closed most of the week and MLK are just going to combine into a perfect storm of crowds. I'll wait, take a day or two off work and come out on a much less crowded weekend. Plenty of storms left to chase hopefully. 
Did they get any of the big time terrain open today? Or was it mostly they just got the chair open with a few limited runs? 
4wd doesn't help going downhill it was definitely your old tires
Yeah cuz rich kids never steal anything  Some people steal stuff just for the thrill particularly wealthy young adults. That being said I never lock up my skis or my gear for that matter. I often leave a bag with spare layers, goggle lens, gloves, etc in a corner of the lodge or under a stairwell and have never had a problem. I know some places have problems with theft but for the most part I haven't seen it happen. Kind of like leaving camping gear at a campground. No one...
 I agree with Bob it sounds like OP lucked out really well with Alta (although as Bob pointed out they might have the most consistent snow fall in NA) and expects that to be the norm. To add to the examples provided above my only trip to Jackson was when it hadn't snowed in almost 3 weeks and to be honest I came away feeling a little underwhelmed as many of the marquee runs where either extremely nasty or unridable. If it had been one of my first trips I probably would...
Looking to replace my avalanche beacon that got stolen. Anyone got an old one lying around?
Who knew this thread would turn into another one of these:  
I am quite comfortable skiing without poles if I have to but I still find it much easier to ski with them when trying to ski bumps at speed or when skiing very steep terrain. Groomers I don't use them for much but do think that they still help aide in balance.