or Connect

Posts by Skiing-in-Jackson

Thanks for the great day. Any day we spend with The Sage is top notch. Thanks Bob!
Bump for -2.8°F and sunny in Jackson Hole this morning.   Lots of friends are skiing early AM today- Superbowl you know.
Redux: try again.  Thanks!
Top of Tram shortly after we saw The Sage yesterday morning.  He mentioned the Bowl was "a little windy"...   In the second video, Damaris got blown all the way to the fence, Blaze was going to get her.  Howlin' it was!   Relatively innocuous at the base, I wasn't expecting this:       Some great gear cameos in that one.  Eden is carrying the current Atomic Century.  Christy skied it 85+ days last season then my daughter promptly acquired it and now...
Holy Sweet Styrofoam Batman! Today's AM windblown plastic fantastic was really fun. A mix of carve and float. Everything skied great. HA! A heard a lady complain about slick spots... If she only knew...
I've gone barefoot when I forget socks- just once last year when I couldn't buy a new pair. I can't get past the slimy feeling.
L&AirC: I also mold intuitions with pantyhose- from the dollar store. Even in an Intuition, there is pack out and panty hose hopefully minimizes this. Starting with the hose for molding makes the boot even tighter with a standard sock- Hurray! Your body heat changes the durometer (hardness) of the liner material. Water in the form of sweat and funk are evil lubricants. Also: Lots of great socks have been mentioned in this thread. I think you guys understand the...
In MEFree30's great thread going about liner life, I gave my standard answer: "25-40 days".   It will be interesting to see how people reply.   Maybe we should get on the same page with the terminology. Quite frankly, I've always been confused by the terms break-in and pack-out. Daily, I use them interchangeably, but they are really quite different.   Control costs compression. That's just the way it is. Not just in skiing, but in many sports footwear needs to be...
Yeah, the snow yesterday wwas a good as it gets. We took advantage of a locally advertised special and spent Saturday night at Snake Rive Lodge- it was just awesome. We swam all night and morning in their really cool pool and then skied all pow all afternoon. Props to the great staff for making us feel welcome. We were fresh from the swimming pool when we saw Bob about noon and in the pow just a few minutes later. Conditions in Jackson are exceptional. Things have...
HA! I'm not the best speller, but I know ski socks! Thanks for the correction. Yeah, stock liners don't hold up well under the daily pressures of industrial skiing. Guys (and gals) skiing every day have special needs. Among the most important are control and comfort. After finding the correct shell for their foot shape, many industrial skiers toss a stock liner and start with an Intuition liner from day one. It is generally recognized that a strong skier will...