or Connect

Posts by Skiing-in-Jackson

Thanks for the great feedback. Currently the kids and I are road tripping across the country in the VW Bus en route to Cape Hatteras for a surfing trip. Now in IL. One hell of a TR is on the way!
First I want to plug my just-released book. Now on Kindle and in Amazon's Create Space in Print!   Ebook: $4.99 Print: $10.99 56 pages   ISBN# 9781475044126   First of numerous editions.   Priced like a magazine- awesome value for the information presented!   The Book on Ski Boots   What You Need To Know About Your Ski Boots Save Your Vacation and Your Ski...
Impromptu vid of Blaze coming down the Headwall yesterday.  A light dusting of pow covering icy crudmelt made for some rough conditions.  On piste skiing was excellent all day.  Mrs. SIJ skied bell to bell on a shop 178 S7 and loved it.  
The genetic code dictates that some individuals have kinky hair, darker or lighter skin, different bone structures, you name the characteristic and you'll find a genetic trait that makes us all different, or alike.   Circa 1992-1993ish:   Although I haven't seen them this season, the Green Berets have been coming to JH  for Winter training/R & R for years.  One of the coolest things I've ever witnessed was a bunch of soldiers dropping into Corbet's.  Most of...
I think it's a no lose situation.  I love my Fischer Watea 101s.  No top end on  speed   They ski very well.  I've had some really fun days on the 94. 
This walked into the shop the other day.  We see probably one broken boot a week- not picking on Rossignol here, just old boots in general.  This was a cold day- around 5°.  Boots do have a finite lifespan.  Be aware of this.    /crappy iPhone pics w/ fresh snow...        
Amazing snow this week!   First, a new ice rink on the Town Square is a hit with the kids.  It's really fun.  Don't miss it- great fun!  $3.00 for skate rentals.     Lots of this the past few days... Conditions have been legendary.  One day the temp was something like 28° and 4° at the top of Bridger Gondola.  Completely blower!   This was yesterday.  Christy and Blaze coming out of Lower Casper Bowl- from the high traverse. There's a little side...
Today's snow was Epic.   Amazing.   Cold and crisp.  My best day of the year.        
Do what ever works.    Any system is better than no system.    Yesterday, a guy came in complaining about forefoot pain.  He was hammering is forefoot with the front two buckles.  I see it at least two or three times a day.  No wonder his foot was killing him.  He was DOA before even hitting the slopes.  The boot fit was pretty nice, but it was so tight on the forefoot it had nowhere to go but to the red line in the pain department.   Flat out, I asked him if he needed...
Zeal GPS Goggles   I was coming home from a medical conference in SLC where I was lecturing.  I rode te Salt Lake Express shuttle and had a relaxing ride down- I'm not a big fan of driving.  My ticket costs ~$50.00 each way.  Blaze and I went down for the weekend.  What an awesome time.  We saw a Jazz game and had a great father/son weekend.  We sat in the highest row in the place.  Nosebleed tickets were $17.00 at the end of the first quarter.   On the shuttle,I...