or Connect

Posts by Skiing-in-Jackson

New Casper Lift today!    I watched (nothing really but general labor and gofer') The Great Norm Duke splice the new rope for Casper Lift.  Very cool it was.  I've been privileged to see and do some very interesting things- way above my pay grade- though life.  This was one of them.   People in the know say coverage is better up high than at any point last season.  Will investigate...
Snowing Today!  Hurray!
      The Intuition Life Cycle:   1) Slightly more roomy after initial mold   2) I can't believe these things are soooo warm   3) Wow! These are so light   4) Tons of great daze!   5) Getting Sloppy   6) Death   What are you guys waiting for?
Washing:   I've heard from numerous reps say that Tide is great for Gore-Tex.  I've been using it for years.  Gore-tex is a membrane,  the pores need to be clean.  It's far more durable than you think.   Early Gore-Tex is the best of them all.  Hot chocolate   DWR durable water proof repellents aren't that great.  Some of them are nice, but it really depends on the fabric it's being sprayed on.  They can wear off quickly leaving the material adsorbing water like...
These are my recommended cams for Jackson Hole:   Teton Pass Wyoming Department of Transportation: Teton Pass   http://wyoroad.info/highway/webcameras/WYO22TetonPass/WYO22TetonPassWest.jpg   Alpenhof Tram Base Cam. Very important for gauging Tram lines.   http://alpenhoflodge.com/tramcam/images/cam/jackson-hole-tram-live-webcam.jpg   Top of Bridger Gondola. This is better than the Top of Thunder...
  A great feature of Intuition liners- very important for older skiers too!
Best Old: An old Salomon SX???  it wasn't an SX91, but something else, my first pair of real boots.  Good 'ole fashioned rear entry boots, yup!   Recent Best: Garmont Shaman
  Atomic LF 120.  This is your boot.  Super wide.  It comes in varying stiffness. 
I think you want to have them in place when fitting the new liners. Your original bootfitter is addressing issues- pronation and you likely have the same stuff going on.  The footbed should transfer nicely to the new liner.    Amateur Hour: make sure the bootfitter doesn't cook your footbed with the liner cook!  I see it regularly.  Yikes!   Your friend is sorta correct.  You can get away with just the Intuition liner and no footbed if you have a neutral foot...
2nd post wins!   Being out of shape is the common enemy for nearly all ski trips.  Not being strong enough to property ski the stiffness/weight/camber of the boot/binding/ski is a real killer.  Most skiers' gear is way too heavy for their strength level.   Feet just can't handle 15K of vert the first day out.  Get in your boots now.  After a few weeks put some weight in your pack and be on your feet.  If you can't spend hours walking around in your boots there's a...