Posts by Skiing-in-Jackson

Sorry guys I've been pretty busy.   I tried to organize a trip to the ski factory but am too busy.   Sorry for the hype.  I can still get people down there Saturday night id anybody wants to see it.
You were here?  I missed you!     There;s lots of funny stories!   You should only believe 95% of them.   S
I finally fit a pair the other day.  A few years ago the rep came into the store one afternoon and wouldn't leave.  It was funny at first, but got old fast when he would interrupt us while we were talking with customers.   Surprisingly few of these boots walk through the ski shop.  I guess who ever buys one realizes there will be limitations on the skiing experience.  Yesterday I saw a guy with super expensive skis and a pair of Apex boots.  I've spoken to people about...
Yeah I'll be around.  I'm usually pretty busy with work, but I ski every morning.  After talking w/ Bob Peters and meeting segbrown, I'm pretty psyched to meet and see you all (again).   A few years ago, a good friend introduced me to a guy making custom skis here in town.  The last two seasons, I've logged a lot of days on a pair of Maiden Skis.  Liberty and Damaris each got a set of custom skis about this time last year.  What great skis!  Mine are the ones with the...
Thanks so much to segbrown for everything. You rock! It was a day my girls won't forget. Blaze and I were luckiy enough to ski some runs with Bob this morning. Thanks Bob! Christy and I want to be like Bob and R when we grow up.
Yeah...ZipFits....   I guess they're OK.  They're definitely quirky that's for sure.     They're not nearly as cold as long term users led me to believe.  I've skied some pretty cold days over the last month and I can't say my feet are colder than in my regular liners.  My feet are pretty bombptoof and I don't get cold easily.  There were definitely days I felt chilly in my ZipFits, but I think the positives far worth the trade offs   The heel hold is great.  I'm...
 Seconds. For the last few minutes of the cook, I get to sit down and relax, intently watching the liners.  I give them a squeeze every now and then.  When done, you have seconds to get them in the boot and buckled. When I was newly married, I watched in awe as a older guy masterfully bbq'ed steaks that could have been served to the president.  I asked him what was the secret was.  "Never leave the grill" was his answer.  He also stated that a great steak is destroyed in...
/dabbling in some internet diagnosis It looks like they didn't get hot enough
I never saw this thread the first time around.     2012??? maybe 2013??? I was in a Patagonia sales clinic and the gal told us she was super excited that Patagonia hired a lead designed from Burton.  She specifically mentioned to look for "that style" in their future line ups.
It’s time to get in your boots.     For a football game or a movie.  People look at me in shock.  The thought of standing around in your ski boots is nauseating for most.  Expecting to ski well all day isn’t realistic if you haven’t worn your boots since last season.   It takes muscles and strength to ski great all day.  Most people aren’t strong enough to hack the pressure and tightness of a ski boot.  Your foot is going to get crushed in a 130 - or a 90- if your...