or Connect

Posts by pete

I'd agree that the width isn't a great need for what your planning.   As noted, my newest are ~ 6 years old. Given that, I think my widest are around 82 and others at 72 and 76mm.   I'm pegging 200lbs so weight wise, not greatly different. I picked my more recent based on stiffness, higher end stiffness simply for my weight but did ski last year with older soft skis and didn't notice a surprising grip difference, more one in blasting through crud verses riding over it...
 nice article. I love these maps .. other than on a few runs wondering which way is down. I'd love it if on those few runs, if they had an arrow to show the down hill path! Of course, it gives reason so ski a bit more.
Welcome Andros69   I'll presume Chicagoland .. they have several places like the Vertical Drop,Scandinavian and Viking Ski shops besides REI and more generic box stores. I personally haven't issue with big box but I know a few of the smaller places (which are pretty big) have package deals and more likely have a boot fitter which I think you'll find most folks recommend as the first matter of business.   Some will let you "rent" for the year and/or let you trade in...
  I'd agree with nathanvg, while I'd love to think United (or other airlines) would refund any significant amount for a weather related issue, I had at least two experiences where United due to their own mechanical issues held our bags hostage in lieu of getting them to us. Had to wait the last time 6+ hrs and split family over two trips to get from DEN to HYD  .. However in terms of the resorts with flights, I did pick Steamboat years back simply due to subsidized flights...
hum, need to check this out. however besides other items noted, costs, AWD/4WD, traction control, ABS, etc is that I've noted tires in general have taken a good leap forward in what they can do. One can see dual design on the tire treading for many brands, Continental has quite a few as standard today. I picked up Firestone LE2 Destinations for my truck when my Revo 2's wore out and was pleased with how much better they handled in all weather. Now, I know snow's will be...
as others noted, all kinds of handicaps but if unless they're hogging up the last spot, I wouldn't care with presumption something afflicting em. Otherwise catch a lift and subversively or directly inquire.   As far as handicaps though, always liked this joke, sorry for hijack:   A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a slow group of golfers. Engineer: What's up with these guys? We have been waiting for 15 minutes! Doctor: I don't...
the custom scrapers, you get these at a local sheet metal shop? These steel or stainless?  nice simple solution. Wish I made some long ago when my previous employment had a machine shop with scraps of this size .. free for the taking
sad but interesting life. Bone Cancer I've heard is one of the tougher ones in terms of pain. Great he helped so many people and moved the industry forward.
Humm, MARZNC, ... BIL?  that a PEO reference? My eldest had joined PEO when she just started college which implied me as a dad am a BIL. Iowa wise, NE provides Chestnut Mountain and Sundown Mountain in Galena Il and Dubuque Ia respectively. I do wish to hit Lutsen and it looks great, has a great drop for Midwest but given it's ~8-9 hrs from home, always pushes me to justify the added 8-10 hr round trip to Co. However if I can attend a conf or seminar (AKA, per...
Had a timeshare sales guy in the Dell's spin a sale on "what is it you remember? Family trips or the presents you got at Christmas?"   While I wasn't sold on the timeshare, I couldn't disagree with what one remembers.   From simply a Midwest Iowa perspective, if one can spin it then do a once a year family trip to Co. I started skiing late when spouse informed me that we'd do a family trip once a year. Our eldest at the time was 3, so I had a year to learn some stuff....