or Connect

Posts by pete

Can't really help on specifics but given pre Christmas, then that's typically low rate due to possible lower snow level or not all runs being open.   I've stayed Steamboat early season but ski in out is mostly larger complexes. Ptarmigan House is slope side and not huge but not decored as you linked. Kutek perhaps a bit more but neither log cabinish. SB has a good bus and shuttles which may be of interest but smaller unit complexes do exist.   how long? your 12 yr old...
Just go to their home page, look at current flier and page 28, menards.com the frame is item 1367420 which shows as $53, however the flyer (Christmas Catalog) shows $67 with a 1 1/8 inch top, item 139-3812
So very cool for you and kids .. but I would lie if I didn't say I was envious that you're out in Co where you and kids can hit hills whenever you please.    But very very cool .. and mountain biking seems to plug the old saying that folks visit for the skiing/winter but stay for the summer!   The helmet on your daughter is just great!
hey!   Old Jeep is from Minneasota ... yah, Paul Bunyan country and seeing some of the toys he has, likely a mammoth of a man!   From the looks of the base, it looks about 24" wide, so 12" isn't bad. But I argue regardless of which side one works on a ski from. it's wise to have a beer holder on diagonals, you know the old saying, "Two beers in the stand better than one in the bush"
yeah, noted the bolted on saw horses. I have a pair of the same ones.   Nice and crazy jeep work which does go to say you could build up your own solid legged bench if desired.
Old Jeep,   If you have room for a work bench, you could just rest the yours on top verses saw horses.  I like the beer holder, nice touch.   So your holding blocks are simply wood cut to a pattern, sprayed over?  Simple and inexpensive, as I'm cheap and by no means seasoned in working my own skies, a nice way to start. If I become an expert and don't like em, I can then justify spending on some fancy ones!   Being you're in Minn, I noted today (pg 28) Menards has an...
I'd agree that the width isn't a great need for what your planning.   As noted, my newest are ~ 6 years old. Given that, I think my widest are around 82 and others at 72 and 76mm.   I'm pegging 200lbs so weight wise, not greatly different. I picked my more recent based on stiffness, higher end stiffness simply for my weight but did ski last year with older soft skis and didn't notice a surprising grip difference, more one in blasting through crud verses riding over it...
 nice article. I love these maps .. other than on a few runs wondering which way is down. I'd love it if on those few runs, if they had an arrow to show the down hill path! Of course, it gives reason so ski a bit more.
Welcome Andros69   I'll presume Chicagoland .. they have several places like the Vertical Drop,Scandinavian and Viking Ski shops besides REI and more generic box stores. I personally haven't issue with big box but I know a few of the smaller places (which are pretty big) have package deals and more likely have a boot fitter which I think you'll find most folks recommend as the first matter of business.   Some will let you "rent" for the year and/or let you trade in...
  I'd agree with nathanvg, while I'd love to think United (or other airlines) would refund any significant amount for a weather related issue, I had at least two experiences where United due to their own mechanical issues held our bags hostage in lieu of getting them to us. Had to wait the last time 6+ hrs and split family over two trips to get from DEN to HYD  .. However in terms of the resorts with flights, I did pick Steamboat years back simply due to subsidized flights...