or Connect

Posts by pete

Agreed, you can do some nice loops on the upper Tomahawk area, they're wide and other than very start usually not overly crowded. Though I can't vouch for Christmas week. Only negative may be a rest/bathroom stop, but Rendezvous isn't really way off course and one can head back up or one could opt to head down.  Also, depending on breeze, it could be a bit brisk.   Another loop for kids from Gondola is down Rudi's, Lightning or Blizzard to Burgess Creek lift, then to...
yes, what a horribly cruel person you are!  sadly I must typically live vicariously through others tales of fortunes!   hum, now I only need to check out Monarch ....too bad it's not on a path I'd normally take....
yes, Happy Birthday Stein!   Wish I was into skiing when young, would of enjoyed the chance to meet a legend while he was making appearances.
I miss all my four legged friends, they've been true to me, family and while at time trouble makers ... well, (mostly) innocent. I think that's why children tend to love them so much. U of V ... Third that congrates to your daughter! With history of a loving dog, I'm sure she's a better person as most with pets.
fascinating thread!  love the history even more so as my spouses first pair of skies were/are Volant Vertex Supercarve with Salomon 711 bindings. Just ran down to basement to check em out, still in nice condition. Picked em up after she demo'ed a pair, were were newbies (well, I was) but very first pair either of us owned. I know they were popular as I suggested she try em out based on multiple reviews .. but smart enough that they skied several different skis and loved...
Very cool she can enjoy again what she lost feeling for, amazing vid's. I like the wall of fame in her home, doesn't seem to try and draw attention that she's as great as she is ...
hummm,   I really thought this would be fun on the hills:     Kidding!  Wish I could help, I tend to do boring polarized clear, sometimes very light amber lenses and frame wise, simple black frames .. sorry     however Welcome!  again, sorry for sarcasm It sounds really cool what your doing and I hope it goes well!   when you say Glasses, Sunglasses, I read it as not including goggles.  I checked out Sunwise on line and wasn't 100% positive googles weren't in...
yeah, sadly it looks that you'll have dry conditions but with some luck, it may snow Sat and Sun before you arrive which would improve things.   you're correct that Steamboat has snowguns but mostly on main trails. I would anticipate that given their history, they'll do a nice job grooming and really, off trail this early in the year would likely not be too great for lack of base.   They start opening up more trials when they can but I think this is normally starting...
seems a common thread in the stories, seems most sucked and skiing just isn't natural for most!   my fun began ~15yrs ago when my spouse called me at work and informed me that she and her brother, being 1/8 Norwegian decided that our families would spend a week every year in Steamboat. She and he had several recent tries at skiing and proclaimed it to be the new family sport.    I literally remember simply saying "ok, I guess I'll take lessons".  We arrived in early...
 Any idea on crowds?  This time of year, pre Christmas, I'd presume any area will be low in attendance which may drive some of the limited open acres. Not saying one shouldn't opt for a place with more acres but most resorts open terrain as the season picks up and to get staff on board. Since the OP was looking price as a major consideration, it may not matter total acres too if as posted, they're on groomers. They're out for 5-7 days skiing so unless they're non stop it...