or Connect

Posts by pete

​nice! you have them long ones ... riding from buns to ankles!    lucky for me, I was told I know how to role with a fall .... just like them vaudeville actors!
​And quite the good looking crowd if I may say so!   
as others noted, if the price is right, binding type, how your skiing make the option as good or bad. I've had both, simply depended on how much the ski was one that was my dream ski or simply one I wished to use, play on, etc. I'm by no means an expert and feel on adjusts greatly for the ski, conditions, etc, so the mount/binding is just one of many considerations.    Gaper or not ... well, that's personal opinion. I find the whole subject just another form of high...
Funny,   I was sure the Co 5th and 6th grade programs were mentioned but maybe not? :::   anyhow, http://coloradoski.com/index.php?url=passport/     only used this twice but sure was nice .....
agreed! Special! The town and evening activities for just the two of you will make the difference! Free shuttle is nice if out on the town ...  I've always had decent drive w/FWD but agree the small SUVs tend to be AWD but perhaps a consideration is if your mom/dad have a winter tired car and you just let them get a rental for denver or .. if they have two cars, they may not miss one? Yeah, Finndog and I think Tam are residents, Finndog's shown us around and more important...
From Tampa Ski groups list, the stay is at the Zepher from Feb 11th - 17th. Not much weekend life to grab as it's Sat in, Friday out.   Least wise if price is the driver last Feb 26th I was out for 3 days and it was fairly lively. Least wise it wasn't dead restaurants/bars were busy. There was a Wells Fargo downhill competition going on so it may of livened up the place, the one week night was slow.   Town wise it's likely a slow week, in a group one can make their own...
good point on the altitude. I would suspect if the kids are all active, no issue but if less so, a good consideration and if possible hanging overnight in Denver (if flying to) to reduce risk of sickness. I've thought WP has pretty decent beginners areas and trails and classes if desired. Not sure when classes begin, you may wish to check to see when resorts start their classes if interested.
I used a handful of sites to get familiar with a few brands and what'd fit my vehicle, then ended up going cheap by just watching Craigslist and a few other places for used.   nice thing on either the all brand sites or OEM page is one can get a feel for the product line up and what all fits a specific type of rack. Most have a contact link to ask questions specific for your vehicle.   rackwarehouse.com, anythingauto.com, rackattack.com/fit, etrailer.com and as noted...
Easy test may be to measure a load required to flex a new ski from it's new camber to a neutral and negative camber, say by resting skis on sawhorse at the natural end of sidecut. Then similar for torsional rigidity by locking one end down and using a set lever arm, say 1 foot, measure the twist angle with a given weight - or torque wrench for a set angle.   repeat this occasionally to see if/how it changes. One needn't have exact numbers but I'd suspect that wear-out...
Geez, I don't even have 39 friends.  however I'll speculate that if I rented, 39 friends would find me!