or Connect

Posts by pete

From Tampa Ski groups list, the stay is at the Zepher from Feb 11th - 17th. Not much weekend life to grab as it's Sat in, Friday out.   Least wise if price is the driver last Feb 26th I was out for 3 days and it was fairly lively. Least wise it wasn't dead restaurants/bars were busy. There was a Wells Fargo downhill competition going on so it may of livened up the place, the one week night was slow.   Town wise it's likely a slow week, in a group one can make their own...
good point on the altitude. I would suspect if the kids are all active, no issue but if less so, a good consideration and if possible hanging overnight in Denver (if flying to) to reduce risk of sickness. I've thought WP has pretty decent beginners areas and trails and classes if desired. Not sure when classes begin, you may wish to check to see when resorts start their classes if interested.
I used a handful of sites to get familiar with a few brands and what'd fit my vehicle, then ended up going cheap by just watching Craigslist and a few other places for used.   nice thing on either the all brand sites or OEM page is one can get a feel for the product line up and what all fits a specific type of rack. Most have a contact link to ask questions specific for your vehicle.   rackwarehouse.com, anythingauto.com, rackattack.com/fit, etrailer.com and as noted...
Easy test may be to measure a load required to flex a new ski from it's new camber to a neutral and negative camber, say by resting skis on sawhorse at the natural end of sidecut. Then similar for torsional rigidity by locking one end down and using a set lever arm, say 1 foot, measure the twist angle with a given weight - or torque wrench for a set angle.   repeat this occasionally to see if/how it changes. One needn't have exact numbers but I'd suspect that wear-out...
Geez, I don't even have 39 friends.  however I'll speculate that if I rented, 39 friends would find me! 
The AirBnB may be better but suspect due to the question posed you don't wish to buy into a whole home. My divorce lawyer sister in law noted that partial ownerships and timeshares are always financial issues when folks divorce.  Of course no one plans to do so, you may not be married so, just an FYI. Other thought though I'd recommend a tax attorney is if you can do it as a self directed IRA (well, this in the states - I have no clue about Canada) where if the market is...
yeah, oddly for when I've been in the boat I've seen this sporadically. Not sure why but in early Jan ... I think the 15th, Friday before MLK the lines stayed till just after noon. Wasn't a powder day either. I'll claim they were trying but I really feel it was the occasional perfect storm. I was really irritated and after waiting for 20 min in the Christie got a call from my kids who were gonna ski later but changed their minds. I walked back to condo (slope side) and...
 I tend to agree that depending on time of season, you may be able to hit a group lesson that is essentially empty. My daughter hit a group level 5 snowboard lesson at Steamboat Jan 13th that ended up being private. next day my other child and joined for a semi private.  something to consider if money is a factor, if not .. great!
I find opposite easy!  Sorry for the poor pic quality but the important thing is Ron ambassadored me, then my spouse and daughter. Funny thing is I witnessed Ron take what I believe is a rare fall in the Meadows when a hidden pine top nabbed his ankle. Sadly I wasn't quick enough for a pic.  
  very true, reports saying 12 inches or so next day or so, fairly consistent at 3-5 per day and way it looked on early drive ... sure thing.  Thanks Ron on tips, MJ and I practiced (and heading out now before kids are up for afternoon) to do loops from Norther, Surprise down to Burguess Creek lift and around. Decent bumps to practice on. Also, youngest played instructor yesterday taking us on Hot Cakes, Ridge and through trees. Hey! Tree paths just off trails were great...