Posts by manchester81

I am assuming you found the parking. Hard to get lost at thr Revelstoke base. How was the snow? KH alpine skied great yesterday. Fresh tracks or cut powder ff T1 for those willing to hike. This pic was taken after lifts closed yesterday. Not bad for a long weekend without a lot of snow! Snow was good to 17 or 1800 meters and not too bad below.
The front side of lake louise has excellent blue/black level cruisng. It is often hard packed in mid-winter but it softebs up in the spring. Back bowls hold winter snow in the spring, but they are mostly steep. Single black diamonds in the back are usually bumpy. Good cruising on Larch. Not too many flat spots apart from long traverses to an from some steeper terrain and cat track/road style greens Older side of sunshine suffers from short pitches and lifts with small...
Now that we are in the second half of the season (by SSV's calendar...well into the season for other resorts) it is worth posting expected closing dates.   The tentative dates are as follows (some resorts will extend their season if possible, others might close early):   April 2 Whitewater, Red, Castle   April  9 Kimberly   April 16 Norquay Kicking Horse Fernie Revelstoke Nakiska Panorama   May 7 Lake Louise   May 22 Sunshine Village
Sounds great. I follow the snow as much as possible, and ski at Louise when all else is equal (I am a passholder), but hopefully we can link up.   My loose plan for this weekend is SSV tomorrow, Louise Sunday, spend Sunday night in Golden and hit KH on Monday.
I bow down to your greatness, Ghost.
 Not foolish. The yellow caution signs are up all year on steeper terrain. As long as it is open, it is relatively safe. Obviously no amount of avy control will completely eliminate risk, but risk isn't high.
I ski weekends, including this holiday Monday (20th), so I might be able to meet up on the 20th or 25th. Probably not at Revelstoke. 
I skied regularly 6 years ago. Lately it has been more of a few times a winter sort of thing, and I don't get out much on weekdays anymore. In the past, it was virtually empty, even with good snow. Last week was pretty crazy though. They needed stopped allowing vehicles up their access road in mid morning on Monday due to the high crowds. Friends who skied there on Tuesday said lines on the red chair (when it finally opened) were 40 minutes long.   I think this is a rare...
I skied Kicking Horse with my girlfriend, Liz yesterday. Conditions were pretty good on the north sides of the ridges.    Kicking Horse has Four main Ridge-lines: Terminator 2, Terminator 1, CPR, and Redemption. CPR and Redemption Ridges are served by the Gondola and Stairway to Heaven Chair, respectively. The Terminators are "hike to terrain". There are four prominent chutes on the North Side of Terminator 1. 2 of these: Truth and Dare are very easy to see from the...