Posts by mdf

Before my time, but it still echoes through the years. ...
That's true.
I think it's largely the direction the slopes face, or maybe traffic.  Or maybe it's just random.  When I was there in February we went over to Alta one morning and came back to Snowbird because Alta snow conditions weren't as good.
 You need a computer utility that copies websites. I always used "wget" but it is a bit UNIXy and nerdy. Some people have recommended a more modern program that does the same thing:https://www.httrack.com/I just read the welcome page -- looks pretty easy to use. A few people are using it to save their favorite threads.  I don't have a great idea how to make it available to future patients, though.
Interesting sticky on StyleForum Welcome to the new Styleforum! We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.  @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests Attached images are now Full Size by default  Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their...
No mention of the inconvenient truth that they are shutting down on the Huddler site: http://huddlerhub.wikia.com/wiki/Huddler_Hub   The forums that show on their drop down menu down match the text page: Tech Enthusiasts Head-Fi Apple Insider  -- NOT ON DROP-DOWN Overclock Home & Family ChefTalk BackYard Chickens Mommysavers   -- NOT ON DROP-DOWN The Cat Site Fashion & Beauty Specktra   -- NOT ON DROP-DOWN DenimBlog   -- NOT ON DROP-DOWN Men’s...
Hey, good for him.  Would look better if he realized the formatting didn't translate correctly, though....
I wasn't there, obviously, but I bet it wasn't even the business guys that decided.  I bet it was a purely defensive move by the lawyers.  Someone noticed that if a patent-troll bought epicski.com they could file a big trademark infringement suit against Vail. As to why it continued to exist?  Mostly inertia, maybe a few mid-level people that didn't know they were supposed to be just going through the motions.  There's lots of layers in this machine.
Yes, lots of Taos people are over there already.
I am here to post in this important thread.