or Connect

Posts by mdf

Do you guys know about this?   http://www.grand-illusions.com/acatalog/Reversing_Goggles.html   "Back in the 1890s the American scientist George Stratton conducted an experiment to see what would happen if he viewed the world through an inverting prism. He found Back in the 1890s the American scientist George Stratton conducted an experiment to see what would happen if he viewed the world through an inverting prism. He found that after 4 days, his brain started to...
I've only been there a few days but that was enough to make it one of my favorites.
Pictures or it didn't happen!
That's so stupid looking that I kind of like it.
I'm wondering what bothers you, the physics or the squabbling? I got into the physics because I find that fun, even though it has little practical effect on actually skiing.A good argument can be fun too, but this thread has degenerated into simple unpleasantness.I've never been to Disney World.
^^^ Cool. I was there very early one morning and saw a well drilling truck boring into the snowpack.  I don't know if they were installing an additional sensor or taking a core sample.
Tony - A minor quibble about 2014 that does not really detract from your main point...   I am pretty sure that Pali's closing and reopening was based purely on wet slide safety (assessed from various technical sensors) and not new snow.  The accumulated snow depth does matter, of course, because snow is an insulator.  But it's more a temperature thing.   We did get quite a bit of new snow around Mothers Day last year, but it wasn't correlated with Pali status.   I...
Seeing kitchen remodeling spam this morning made me nostalgic for the good old days.
The liner is not easy to remove. You have to get the heel up about 2 inches while not getting the shin part caught. On my first photo you can see a very small tear on the blue part where it got caught on something sharp.