or Connect

Posts by jinx

jinx
hell frozen over
Well, I'm a realtively small and short-legged 1.64 midget and my board is a 1.53 Salomon Maiden - the stance feels pretty wide to begin with (of course, I also kick myself in the ankles when i walk ). I guess I'll try a smaller duck (18/-6?) and see how that works. And a forward stance, though I like the idea of duck - I don't want to approach snowboarding as a skier, I'd rather keep it separate and just get used to going sideways.
I'm understanding that a lower crouch (easier when riding ducky) is conducive to better control or tighter turns? And same angle on both feet allows you to ride switch - that's kind of cool. Isn't it harder on the knees though?
french kiss
I was mounting my bindings on my first snowboard and I got a bit lost in all the angles. Past couple of years I was occasionaly using my sister's board which was set at 21/0. That seemed alright, but I've been told to experiment with angles to find whatever fits me best (pretty strange concept to a skier ). So.. what's the deal with ducky? How many of you ride forward/ducky and why? Thanks for any insight. jinx confused :
Quote: Going back back to beginning, read the book. RTFM, right? The book advises arm above the head, but I admit I'm always looking for insight from experienced patrollers/EMTs/etc... for myself mostly. Occasionally experienced patrollers have improved the methods in the book (small things mostly, like non-slip knots for splinting instead of having the patient 'hold a finger' on your knot). I think it's good to be aware of these options; real life...
Quote: ... a catastrophic injury that involves the expenditure medical resources and the concommitant incurrence of fees certainly does increase the costs of jumping into the "medical pool" for everyone. That's more applicable to someone wearing a helmet aside from being a cheap, dumb argument! : A helmet-less skier involved in an accident that could cause a "catastrophic injury" probably wakes up dead. On the other hand the safety-concious helmetwearer...
15. Visit your local butcher and pay $30 to sit in the walk-in freezer for a half an hour. Afterwards, burn two $50 dollar bills to warm up. 14. Soak your gloves and store them in the freezer after every use. 13. If you wear glasses, begin wearing them with glue smeared on the lenses. 12. Throw a hundred dollar bill away-now. 11. Find the nearest ice rink and walk across the ice 20 times in your ski boots carrying two pairs of skis, accessory bag and poles. Pretend...
11 degrees! Does anyone know a good snow-dance? :