or Connect

Posts by soulskier

MRA Launches the Mountain Playground Group   A nationwide collaboration of community, independent ski areas   FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE   JACKSON, WY – January 14, 2016. Mountain Rider’s Alliance (MRA) has launched its latest initiative, the Mountain Playground Group, designed to assist community and independent ski areas to be more viable. The consortium of geographically diversified, like-minded ski areas will band together to reduce expenses while increasing...
One of the patrollers posted this picture of Kachina this morning on his Facebook page   
Patrol told me chair 4 would be opening tomorrow. There were several ski patrol tracks on Kachina today. 
Here is a really cool remote weather station for the top of chair 7 and Highland Ridge
More terrain opened today, looks like another foot overnight. ¡Bienvenidos El Niño!
I'd call it about 15 inches of new snow. They opened more terrain today such as the Ridge to Treskow, Pollux and Lower Al's. Still plenty of sharks lurking under the surface, but the base is certainly building.   
Good winter snow on Highland Ridge today
I happy to announce that I have relocated to Taos for the season and will give an update from time to time. 
 Thank you for that astute observation. 
Here's an article describing the financial model used to purchase the solar panel project   Would you like solar panels on your home hill? Here's how   Teton Gravity Research, December 23, 2014