How To Hand Tune Skis
Last edited: 4/20/11
- Edge Tuning So Easy Even An Adult Can Do ItLast edited: 4/19/11
- Waterproofing Your Ski ClothingLast edited: 9/16/12
- Storing Skis For SummerLast edited: 4/25/11
- Ski Boot Liner Cleaning And DisinfectingLast edited: 4/25/11
- topicCare And Upkeeptagged by System, 12/6/12
Alphabetical Article List
Tuning Tip To Make Your Fat Skis CarveDescribe 'Tuning Tip To Make Your Fat Skis Carve' here If you really like skis with a waist of 90-120mm for almost everyday, you can make them carve groomers and hard pack like a dream by changing the side bevel. I prefer a 3 degree side bevel, and a 1 degree base bevel. What this does is allows the ski to really turn over, so you can dig in and carve, without early wash out. So, next time you get a basic tune on those fattys, ask the tech for a 3 degree side bevel, (a 1 degree base bevel is standard) any good shop can accommodate this request. And if they don"t know what you're talking about, DON'T let them touch your edges.
- Edge Tuning So Easy Even An Adult Can Do It
Currently, there are 1125 Active Users (18 Members and 1107 Guests)
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 49 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Boot fitting question as I think I've outgrown mine? 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 3 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 4 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Head Freeflex Pro 11 Binding Mounting to Head I.SL RD Team SL Skis 4 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › The MAX Pass 2016-17 for 39 areas: Killington, Tremblant, Big Sky,... 5 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Vail to buy Whistler/Blackcomb 5 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 5 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer
- › 68 Days: A Story of Skiing's Life...