- Don't settle for the first pair. Try on a variety of goggles before you make your choice. Consider a few different brands - some tend to fit one head shape better than another.
- Look for a frame that fits your facial features. Some goggles are meant to fit small to medium faces, while others, such as the Smith Prodigy are intended for larger faces.
- Bring your helmet to the store. Not all goggles fit helmets the same way. If you wear a helmet make sure that the goggles will fit properly.
- Look for ski goggles with adjustable straps. This will help you ensure a tight fight to your head, hat, and your helmet.
- Ask about the ventilation system. It's terrible to get to the top of the mountain and have to contend with fog on your goggle lenses. Frame vents and air flow can really help here.
- Think about the color of the lenses. Orange or yellow lenses can help improve your vision in low light and overcast conditions, while darker, more neutral lenses are better for bright light conditions. If you think you'll be skiing in both, consider getting goggles with removable lenses. That way, you can make sure you'll have the best visibility in either situation. Smith's Sensor Mirror lens is an excellent medium to low light lens. Oakley makes a high intensity yellow lens that performs very well in the lowest light conditions.
- Ask about the warranty!
Related Forum Threads
- Abom goggles Last post on 10/19/16 at 11:46am in Member Gear Reviews
- Abominable Goggles Last post on 2/14/16 at 7:03pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Glasses fog problem Last post on 1/7/16 at 12:03pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- HELP IN NEED OF A GOOD GOGGLE Last post on 2/19/13 at 6:36pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski Goggles Last post on 1/16/13 at 2:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Marker Protective Snow Equipment
Last edited: 6/10/16
- 2014 Volkl RTM 81 Ski Review from Skiessential.com's Chairlift...Last edited: 8/16/13
- GORE-TEX 101Last edited: 6/8/13
- Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW ShowLast edited: 5/8/13
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
Alphabetical Article List
Tips For Buying Ski GogglesPosted 1/30/09 • Last updated 4/19/11 • 1,767 views • 0 comments
- 2014 Volkl RTM 81 Ski Review from Skiessential.com's Chairlift...
Currently, there are 1248 Active Users (37 Members and 1211 Guests)
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 20 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Atomic XT discussion (video) 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 3 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 4 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 5 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 5 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer