by Dr. Richard Farson
1. People learn most when they are talking, not when they are listening
2. More of certain types of learning can take place when one tries not to teach.
3. Some things are learn-able, but not teachable.
4. Everything we try works.
5. What is true for children is probably true for adults too.
6. We think we learn from our failures and other peoples successes, but it is the other way around.
7. We grow from calamities, not from virtues.
8. Don't try to improve people, improve the situation.
9. Students can learn more from each other than from the teacher.
10. We learn to ski in the summer and swim in the winter.
People Generally Remember
10% of what they READ
20% of what they HEAR
30% of what they SEE
50% of what they SEE and HEAR
70% of what they SAY or WRITE
90% of what they DO!
Related Forum Threads
- Releasing Your inner expert Last post on 3/29/12 at 6:49pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- so... i have people in class who don't really want to be there... Last post on 11/18/10 at 3:04pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Which takes precedence in certification--skiing or teaching? Last post on 6/16/10 at 6:00am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- "Inner Skiing" for ski instructors Last post on 9/16/12 at 9:36pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Links to some of Epic's best ski technique threads. Last post on 9/28/16 at 7:55am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
Absorption in Moguls
Last edited: 9/20/12
- PSIA Certification Program for Ski Schools?Last edited: 11/22/11
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- Teaching Fearful StudentsLast edited: 4/22/11
- Wedge TurnsLast edited: 4/25/11
Alphabetical Article List
Ten Instructional Paradoxes
by Dr. Richard Farson
- PSIA Certification Program for Ski Schools?
- › Advice on building a quiver 4 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Bode News 3 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Race Boot Recommendations 4 hours, 1 minute ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 4 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Marker WC Piston Control Plate Mounting 4 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 5 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 6 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 6 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer