Related Forum Threads
- Expand metatarsal buckle on Dalbello boss ID? Last post on 11/10/11 at 6:34am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Best 2012 Boots? Last post on 11/7/11 at 5:31am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Foamed Ski Boots - (Conformable Liner) Last post on 11/23/10 at 1:24pm in Member Gear Reviews
- Kicking & Screaming Last post on 4/17/13 at 4:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Dilema on buying new boots Last post on 4/11/13 at 9:39pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Ski Boot Liner Cleaning And Disinfecting
Edited on 4/25/11
- Palau - Ski boot linersEdited on 12/7/12
- How To Get Your Boots On And OffEdited on 2/24/12
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!
Related Blog Posts
Plastic Gummy Worms - Melting Ski Boot Pebax
Published on 12/10/08 by Wild Snow
Dynafit ZZeus Boot Fit & Performance
Published on 12/4/08 by Wild Snow
Bootomania -- Getting Thermo Liners to Fit for Backcountry Skiing
Published on 12/28/06 by Wild Snow
Bootfitting for Backcountry Skiing
Published on 12/26/05 by Wild Snow
Outdoor Retailer Day 2 -- The Duke, Scarpa and More From the Temple of Gear
Published on 1/27/07 by Wild Snow
Alphabetical Article List
Returning Your Liner Into The Boot How To
- Kneel on your living room floor (OK, any location really)
- Place the shell in front of you with the toe pointing at you...(Have the shell unbuckled.) (A warm shell is MUCH easier to work with.)
- Start to 'feed' the toe of the right liner into the right shell, as it starts to slide in place your hand into it with your palm facing up finger tips touching the front of the toe box.
- Drive your hand down and in to the boot, reaching toward the front (toe area) of the shell.
- The liner will slide right in.
- Buckle up the shell. Done.
Problems? Try touching the inside toe area of just the shell of your boot with your hand. How did you do it? If you have your palm facing up and reach into the boot while the toe faces you, then you can use your wrist to 'go around' the L shape of the boot, right? Now try it with your hand in the liner, maybe use the other hand to push down and in at the back of the heel.
The goal is to not just stuff the liner toe straight down into the heel of the boot, use your hand to guide it (and to flex/ bend the liner) through the instep area and into the front of the shell.
Hard to explain, relatively easy to do. Brute force also works, you're not going to break anything.
- Palau - Ski boot liners
- › Stockli Laser skis--exactly how stiff are they? 10 minutes ago
- › Women's one ski quiver, plus bindings 13 minutes ago
- › One of those days ... Candide Thovex, new video 18 minutes ago
- › which bindings for stockli laser sx? 33 minutes ago
- › Recommend a Kiwi some fields in Japan for Winter 13/14 48 minutes ago
- › Sir Francis Bacon length? 57 minutes ago
- › Technical Free Skiing Videos 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Excessive quad burn -- form, equipment or both? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Staying Forward - Racers 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › any one ski scott aztec pros? 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Red Mountain Resort by Fritzski
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Kitzbühel by RichardW1995
- › Mt. Bachelor by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Chemical M Pant by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Higgins M Jacket by Fritzski
- › Durango Mountain Resort by Nick Z Taos
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo
- › 2014 Rossignol Soul 7 Skis Review by mmckay
- › Tornik, Serbia by Ledeni Finac
- › Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski by Philpug
- › What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot... by nolo