Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GIVEAWAY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Epic Ski Image of the Month contest is open to all individuals 18 years or older (however physical prizes may not be available for shipping outside of the United States of America), who were not or are not in the employment of The Vail Corporation or any of their respective affiliates, or subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and other coordinating agencies involved in this promotion or the household members or immediate family members (spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings) of any of the above. If a winner is under the age of majority in his or her state, the winner must have a parent or guardian accept their prize. Void where prohibited by law.
2. TIMING. Each monthly Sweepstakes begins with the posting of the Image Contest Thread by a site representative and ends at midnight (EDT) on the final day of each month at (the “Entry Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER. There is one way to enter the Giveaway:
a. TO ENTER ONLINE: On EpicSki.com post an image according to the rules stipulated in each months contest. Each user is permitted to enter no more than three images per month. The winer will be selected as the image that receives the most number of votes—as determined by the Feedback system integrated into the Huddler Forum Software—at the closing of the Entry Period. In the event of a tie the sites moderation team will vote on the winning image. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the original content creator. Attempting to vote by means of a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
4. EVENT SPONSOR. This Giveaway is sponsored by All Media Associates, Inc. (“Sponsor”) located at 390 Interlocken Crescent, Broomfield, Colorado 80021.
Each month the winner will receive a badge tied to their EpicSki account denoting that they are one of our Featured Photographers. Additionally some months other prizes may be made available by third parties who wish to participate in the contest; in such cases they will be clearly detailed in the contest thread each month. EpicSki does not guarantee any prizes provided by third parties.
6. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Each winner shall be notified in person, by Private Message on EpicSki within 7 days after the Drawing. Winners may be required to sign a Prize Acceptance Affidavit prior to receiving the prize. Refusal to sign a Prize Acceptance Affidavit may render the winner ineligible for receipt of the prize.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Winner of Grand Prize may be required to complete, execute and return a Prize Acceptance Affidavit, a Release of Liability, Hold-Harmless and Indemnity Agreement, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within 30 days of notification. Failure to return documents timely, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected.
8. PUBLICITY. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity of the image for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds: (1) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; (2) to be acting in violation of the terms of the web site, or (3) to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
9. RELEASE; ASSUMPTION OF RISK. In consideration for entering the Giveaway, each entrant agrees to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest related activity, or participation in the Contest and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify All Media Associates, Inc., all of its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, officers, partners and shareholders (each a "Released Party") from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest related activity, or participation in the Contest and/or entrant's engagement in the activities hereunder, including those injuries and damages caused by a party's alleged or actual: 1) negligence or 2) breach of any express or implied warranty.
11. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the J.A.M.S. Rules of Arbitration, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Giveaway but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. In consideration of entering the Giveaway, ALL ENTRANTS CONTRACTUALLY AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be GOVERNED BY COLORADO LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION shall be in the District Court for the State of Colorado or in Federal Court for the State of Colorado.
12. WINNERS LIST. For name of winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt to Mountain News Corporation, P.O. Box 17895, Boulder, CO 80308.