Related Forum Threads
- 2012 DNA Previews/Reviews Last post on 3/3/12 at 1:44pm in Member Gear Reviews
- Beginner Skis Last post on 11/5/11 at 9:27pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- FS: Mammut and DNA Softshell Jackets, DNA Fleece Jacket, and Peak Performance Ski Pants Last post on 11/4/12 at 1:50pm in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- FS: DNA Moe jacket,XL Last post on 1/24/12 at 8:21pm in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- WTB: DNA Moe shell jacket Last post on 1/11/12 at 4:00am in WTB and PSA for Gear
What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot for 2013-14
Edited on 2/5/13
- Kulkea Ski Boot Bags a Must-have for the SlopesEdited on 11/4/12
- Palau - Ski boot linersEdited on 12/7/12
- Descente Skiwear Your Passport Into Style FunctionEdited on 11/30/11
- Sportswear of Sweden - Skiwear Built For Skiers By SkiersEdited on 9/20/11 More ›
Related Gear & ResortsMore ›
Alphabetical Article List
DNA Skiwear: What's New for 2012
An early leader in the newschool ski movement, DNA has been an ardent supporter of the new ski culture for over a decade. As an off-shoot of Descente, DNA has access to the resources of their parent company’s world-class research and development facilities. The brand’s ardent commitment to quality and technical innovation has landed DNA jackets on the backs of some of North America’s best skiers and instructors.
DNA’s commitment to skiing doesn’t end when the work day is done. In 2004, at the urging of then-mayor of Ogden, Matthew Godfrey, DNA relocated to Utah. DNA staffers were thrilled at the prospect of frequent turns in Utah’s legendary powder. The snow didn’t disappoint, and the company found more than just snow – they found community. Mayor Godfrey, the Ogden Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Goal Foundation envisioned the area as a “Hub” for the winter sports industry. As the months passed, more winter sports companies moved to Utah and DNA found itself surrounded by businesses as besotted by Utah, the mountains and the snow as they were.
Today, the DNA staff’s love of the mountains and mountain sports provides the foundation for DNA’s philosophy: outerwear that has no boundaries. That philosophy, coupled with parent company, Descente Ltd’s excellence in the fields of textiles, design and cutting-edge development results in a product built to conquer any terrain.
When I was working with a ski manufacturer a few years back, I had an opportunity to visit Ogden as a guest of Mayor Godfrey, Descente/DNA was the first company to greet me and made sure I felt welcome. It was then I knew that DNA was indeed a different company built of skiers and not just bean counters. Over the past years, TC and I have had the chance to experience many of DNA's products and now we have the opportunity to share our experiences with some amazing additions and updates for the 2012 season. DNA has supplied us (on loan) with a sampling of some new product to test and review for you.
Posted below is our initial DNA reviews for this coming season and as soon as we get some time on snow we will be updating these initial reviews, in their environment, on the mountain.
The initial reviews of the DNA line starts with these staples out of the mens series...
on the ladies side...
EpicSki's DNA product pages can be accessed HERE, please feel free to add your own experiences/reviews on DNA's product pages. You can visit DNA's site at www.ridedna.com, friend them on Facebook and DNA's partner product line DESCENTE, who's products will be reviewed in an upcoming product article.
Stay tuned for updates,
Philpug & Trekchick
- Kulkea Ski Boot Bags a Must-have for the Slopes
- › Stockli SX (FIS) vs. Stockli GS (non-FIS)? 1 minute ago
- › Big guy ski advice for East Coast spring / slush & part time powder 4 minutes ago
- › One of those days ... Candide Thovex, new video 5 minutes ago
- › Summer skiing for solid beginner 6 minutes ago
- › How would you define an intermediate or advanced skiier? 15 minutes ago
- › Excessive quad burn -- form, equipment or both? 24 minutes ago
- › Worth Magic- One ski to rule them all. 24 minutes ago
- › Gulmarg 2013 Trip Report 26 minutes ago
- › B*tch about Spring coming thread 29 minutes ago
- › TOS/Privacy page 34 minutes ago
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Kitzbühel by RichardW1995
- › Mt. Bachelor by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Chemical M Pant by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Higgins M Jacket by Fritzski
- › Durango Mountain Resort by Nick Z Taos
- › Taos Ski Valley by Nick Z Taos
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo
- › 2014 Rossignol Soul 7 Skis Review by mmckay
- › Tornik, Serbia by Ledeni Finac
- › Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski by Philpug
- › What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot... by nolo